Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 23yom about 230 pounds and i want to get down to around the 180's but what is a good diet and work out plan for someone who works 3rd shift thank you ppl

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm 23yom about 230 pounds and i want to get down to around the 180's but what is a good diet and work out plan for someone who works 3rd shift thank you ppl
what kind of body type do you want to be? are you just looking to lose weight or do you want to pack on muscle/strength as well? best way to lose weight is cardio, cardio, cardio and more cardio and a very clean diet, when i do cardio twice a day and eat clean i was losing weight like there was no tomorrow let us know what your goal is besides just weight and well see what we can do for you

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes I want to pack on the muscle and strength also

·
Registered
115 Posts
yes I want to pack on the muscle and strength also
well when i get home i will post up some of my workouts but for now as far as diet heres a sample of a typical day for me -

12am - protein bar or protein shake and granola bar

230am - grilled chicken and some sort of vegetable(peas, corn, lima beans, green beans, etc)

5am - grilled chicken and peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread(peanut butter is all natural as well)

730am-8am - low fat yogurt and protein shake/no xplode

1030am-11am - post workout shake (whey) and also when i take cellmass (creatine)

1pm - some kind of ham/turkey sandwich or fat free popcorn or lately subway or quiznos because of the $5 subs :lol

4pm - casein protein shake to get protein before bed

the reason for the weird times is due to me working midnights but you can adjust accordingly, just remember to eat frequently and clean, eating gets your motablism up and helps burn more calories and i usually once a week cheat because if i didnt i would kill someone but just keep it in moderation and you should be ok, also how many days do you have to dedicate going to the gym? this will also help me give you an idea of a good workout plan for you, because everyone is different, as i usually work off a 4/5 day split

o ya also drink lots and lots of water, NO POP, well i have a diet coke once in a while just to get some caffeine and keep the headaches away

·
Registered
114 Posts
Here's what you have to take into account when asking for a "good" diet. My good diet may be your worst nightmare. Everyone's body responds differently to training and diet and yours is no exception. So first things first:

-Have you always been heavier?
-How tall are you?
-Do you currently exercise?
-What does your diet consist of now?
-Any idea of your BF%?

These are all questions you should answer before trying to determine what or how you should eat or exercise. Example, I have a friend who is 5'6", 4% BF, and weighs 160 lbs. When he wants to go up in weight he literally has to take his meals and eat them with heavy whipping cream doused on it, along with other various artery clogging foods thrown in for good measure. Now besides wanting to hit him upside the skull with a plate every time I have to watch him do that, I am 5'8", 179 lbs, and 9% BF, and I can gain weight just by smelling the food he eats. I am never as cut up as he is, but he is never as strong as I am.

My point here is that while he and I both train very similar, our bodies respond dramatically different to food and exercise. In the end, you have to define who and what you want to look like, and then learn to live with what your able to achieve within reason. If the results you want are drastic then the means sometimes need to be also. So sound off with what you want, and I'm sure everyone will try to help the best they can. And so help me if you mention 1) Ryan Reynolds, 2) Jason Statham, or 3) Any of the cast of the movie "300". :biggrin

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I'm 23yom about 230 pounds
anything >230lbs is bad but acceptable weight varies alot with height. how tall are u? this gets into the body fat thing. consider BF / height to set your goals. do the googles for charts showing average population weight height BF and the clinical best weight. pick your ideal weight.

no one starves in n america. there are alot of diets that will work, sad all include not eating. keep calories 1500-2000 and the weight will come off. fast up front and a struggle at the end. something 300calories will taste good but do you really need it? 300 is a significant portion of the limit.
not every meal is banquet, even keeping a static weight going out for beer and pizza should be an occasion not a normal thing. on a diet you cant do it period.
be aware how you feel through the process. if it feels bad generally it is. some vitamins are stored in the body and deplete at a slow rate keep track of things.
some people will all ways be fat. people varry. but this is what you want to do, diet?

if you are 23 and weight that much i think there are things at play that contribute to the bad. your biggest task is to change these things else you will regain the weight all over.

" yes I want to pack on the muscle and strength also"
it will be un likely you can do this and loose weight at the same time, loose the weight first so you dont stroke out at the gym.
on a diet your metabolism slows way down and you will have to drink the black coffee and or diet mt dew just to stay awake.
eat more often than 3 times a day, small servings tho. take food with you.
go to the gym and accept some weight gain.

consider buying online (here are better examples):
-whey protein "on-gold standard vanilla"
take some to work, read the label but can only absorb like 2 scoops every 2-3hrs
-fitness labs omega-3s vitamin pack
again take a few out of the pack through the day.

go through your kitchen and toss everything you have.
buy things like splenda, (bad but chemically stable)
buy salad things and containers to take this to work
colavita basamic vinegar is a good salid dressing
parmesan cheese is better than other things
buy some potatoes, pickles...avoid bread, rice, corn, pasta, oils, milk... you had your fill already
mix the whey protein with crystal lite, lemonade
since your food choice is lower, for what you buy, buy the best quality.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
jah
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing