Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an '88 750, currently with the stock 525? chain and sprockets. I need a new rear sprocket anyway, and have access to a parts yard. I'd prefer a 530 chain anyway (I know, 520 is lighter, blah blah blah), but I'm wondering if other year GSXR sprockets will exchange with the stock '88 cush drive?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bandit Man. I guess that means that the newer ones will not fit, which is really why I was inquiring (have lots of friends racing late model Gixxers with stock sprockets laying around.) Ah well, too bad.

t'anks.

·
Super Moderator
17,291 Posts
The '88 750 came stock w/ an 108 link, o-ring, 530 chain.....According to the factory specs in the manual..

If you want the full Suzuki manual let me know...I'm sending out free (via usps) until Friday....It covers everything..

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spike,
Hey, thanks for the offer. I've got a full manual for the bike, but I'm currently on the road ... Lubbock, Texas, to be exact. I didn't have my manual with me, so couldn't remember.

However, my bike was a *ahem* basket case that I've been building up. The previous owner gave me the chain he swears came off of it, still in the box ... a 108 link 535 chain. Yes, typed right this time, 535. I didn't even know such a thing existed. If this is the right chain, I don't know (never checked the manual to be sure) and if a 530 chain exchanges, I'd be very happy.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
the 94 ZX-6 came with a 535

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by DeeOne:
the 94 ZX-6 came with a 535<hr></blockquote>

not a 530?

·
Registered
893 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by spike52:

If you want the full Suzuki manual let me know...I'm sending out free (via usps) until Friday....It covers everything..
<hr></blockquote>
Do you have one for the 86 750?? I sure could use one

1 - 9 of 9 Posts