Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I walked by the Suzuki dealer last night (about 1am) and noticed an immaculate blue/white GSX-R750. I'm not sure of the year though...

What year did they come equiped with a digital display? Was this the 1999+?
The rear tail section was white (i think new ones are black) and had a "750" descal on it if that helps.

[ 07-14-2002, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: DreDay ]

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
did the bike have 'srad' plastered any where on it?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Need a pic get a pic and post it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I think it looked just like that one (in the above picture). Can't think of any differences... not sure if the exhaust pipe was black or not.

What year did they start digital screen displays?

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
was the 750 logo alone on the tail???? are the ram air vents square??? does the plate on the side of the frame say 1999, 2000, ????? can you get the vin and just solve it immediately????

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
2000 750 and up have digi speedo , 2001 and up 600 have digi speedo

4syth1 , those helmets are fuggin sweet, how the visiblity on them?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by eSeMeS750WX:
was the 750 logo alone on the tail???? are the ram air vents square??? does the plate on the side of the frame say 1999, 2000, ????? can you get the vin and just solve it immediately????
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes the 750 logo was alone on the tail. I could only get a view of the back and the sides of the bike, from about 8 feet away, b/c it was in a fenced in lot outdoors. Either way, I now know it's a 2000+ which is too pricey for me right now...

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
imho. the 99's were the most refined (minus the cct thing....) of the first generation srads, and worth a couple extra bucks......

if the 750 logo was floating alone on the tail (not surrounded by other shaped graphics at all) , then its prolly a generation 1 srad........

scott

·
Registered
192 Posts
If it says SRAD on the tail it is a 96 if it didnt its 97-99 was the front end rounded or kinda flat ??

[ 07-17-2002, 12:11 AM: Message edited by: Korn007 ]

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
If it says SRAD on the tail its not a 96 if it didnt its 97-99 was the front end rounded or kinda flat ??
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">what are u tyin to get at??

fact: the 96 DID have the SRAD on the tail
fact: the 99 DIDNT have the srad on the tail

-sms

my 99 has srad on the tail ONLY because i put some custom decals there.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts