Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

like that one above, all-though I purchased that from the Uk for 15euro there still the same ones from china on ebay that cost that.

generally I would not use most of ebay or ali chinese shit like rearsets etc but for levers I have got them for most of my bikes through the years and I have no complaints as of yet.
the only design difference I think is the end part on the stock or oem levers that is designed to snap off if you drop her and not shear your housing.
I have had asv and pazzoracing levers too for my gixxers too but I think they are way over prized but would prefer over the others all the same , but for under 15e (18uds) incl delivery I think they are well cool, especially these ones short ajustable with the gsxr logo,

any thoughts

and I took a punt on this too, but it was also from the uk and made in china I think but the quality was excellent and she even has a proper diafram expanding rubber thingy same as the the stock ones but she looks nice, the stock rear brake reservoir on the gsxr 1000's look horrible and out of place.

you can get them here from ebay , around 20 I think, excuse the mud and shit on the bike , just back from a spin

·
Registered
531 Posts
Bin them and buy decent ones, there is a heavy price on chinese. We need our brakes and to function well.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Guess you don't do a lot of reading on the site. There's usually a general warning of buying the cheapest parts for bikes nearing 200mph. Nothing may ever happen. Sure hope it doesn't but some things shouldn't be skimped on.
Ei brake components for sure.

·
Registered
2007 Suzuki GSX-R 1000
61 Posts
They look good, let us know after you use them what you think. The comments are right though about quality on our braking system, but then again what part do we skimp on with these bikes!? Nothing.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have these Chinese levers on my k1 1000 (they were on it when I got it) personally I wouldn't buy them they are ok they feel solid and perform as they should but I've had asv levers in the past and I wouldn't even compare them to these as they were much much much much better also I have just bought brembo corsa corta front master cylinder and brembo clutch lever and perch for mine so the chinese ones are coming off. I've also had friends that tried the chinese rearsets big NO NO they are shit they bend also he had a footrest snap while riding which caused him to go down absolutely wrecked the bike. So moral of the story if you want shit chinese parts buy a shit chinese bike! ?

·
Administrator
13,774 Posts
The search function is your friend ... this subject has been discussed many times.

I plan on living as long as possible , so saving money with cheap parts is a no go ?

·
Registered
861 Posts
I always hear "Chinese" but never a specific brand, though true, a lot of Ali-stuff is brandless, if it has a brandname, you should be able to look up experiences on google
So far, after 6500 miles, my Arashi rearsets are holding up (and getting the winter salt test), but then again, these things are being sold by Hotbodies and Accossato as well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts