Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am looking to buy my first gixxer. With my current finances I can afford either a 2001 600 or a 98-99 750. If it was your money what would you do?

I've heard that the new 600 are pretty quick.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Originally posted by gixxerwanabe:
Well I am looking to buy my first gixxer. With my current finances I can afford either a 2001 600 or a 98-99 750. If it was your money what would you do?

I've heard that the new 600 are pretty quick.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Don't get a 600, You will want to get rid of it quick, because you'll crave more power and you won't get your money back out of it. just my 2 cents!! Roll out in A Gixxer no matter what!!!!

·
Registered
514 Posts
I like the old school bikes. new bikes are nice, and dey fast! but real world, the old school 600's are even fast enough... heck! yesterday, i was hanging on fer dear life as I was trying to keep up with a katana, A KATANA FER SANTA'S SAKE!!! it's all about the rider and the 750 does have more mid-range torque, which means easier power management. oh i like old skool better b/c i fit better on them and i hear racers moan about how nice the 97-00 used to be. peer pressure i suppose.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I had the same question and every one told me to get the 750 because the 600 would feel slow compared to the 750 so I sticked with my 750. I had a good deal on a 2000 600 but kept my 98 750 for more power and I don't regret it at all.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually I've been riding for about a year and a half. I'm definitly getting a 750. I know I'll outgrow the 600 quick.
Thamks all

·
Registered
481 Posts
I guess i'm the only slow ass in this board.. I would get a 750 if i was going to use it everyday because that midrange would be nice but for hitting the canyons.. I love the 600.. when the 1000's are hitting the brakes or off the gas I am always on it.. I don't have to worry aboutthe rear not gripping the road since it's got good engine management.. it's just my view. if you're a big dude get a 750. Hell! get the 1000 if you can. cuz thats the best bike right guys?? Go 1 liter or go home right?

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
I've had my 600 for 4 and half years and I haven't outgrown it yet. Sure, when your carving the twisties you're up in the 10,000+ rpm range ALL the time, but you don't give a lot away to bigger bikes in the real world, and if I was a decent rider, the differences would be even less

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I was in the same situation and I went with the 99/750, had a 600 before, out grew it quick, no regrets with the 99/750, just make sure that the cam tensioner has been replaced, but don't let that scare you, new generations have trany problems which I think is more complicated.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yep, 750 all the way. I've ridden several 600 cc bikes (F4i, F3, GSXR 600) and they all seemed to be quite stagnant in the mid and low range. But, I'm sure that's what the 1000cc guys are saying about my bike!

·
Registered
582 Posts
i lub my 99' 600

1 - 13 of 13 Posts