Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok found another 1100.......its a 91, and here is what the guy just emailed me.....

bike was crashed on the left side . i guess it caused a fracture in the
crank . owner tried to pull a wheelie and the crank snapped . I have all
the pieces except a left lower . the bike does have body damage . it
looks as if the head and all other parts are ok , except the crank . the
motor is apart . I want 1500 picked up for it . i see they are going for
around 3500-4000 mint . i have had some good offers on the motor parts
but what to sell it whole if picked up in ct

I did see a pic of the right side of the bike and it looks pretty nice.

So what does everyone think about the cost of getting the motor rebuilt. Does it sound like a deal? Or is it a deal for a guy with a garage full of Gixxer parts?

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Boy, that's a scary unknown. So it broke the crank. Now you gotta find a replacement....and what else in the motor died when the crank went?

I wouldn't do it. But that's because I hate having a headache as a result of other people's stupidity & neglect.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
I wouldn't mess with that.I have a mint 89 7/11 for sale if you wan't.Asking $3500.maybe we can work something out.I can e-mail you pics if your interested.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I might go check it out, but chances are slim...I think it might be a money pit also. I getting more pics, then i will see all the damage.

·
Registered
243 Posts
LEAVE WELL ALONE DUDE!

As Simon pointed out, when the crank snapped, there's a good chance that minute parts of it ended up in the gear box, scored the bores and untold other horrors.

One of the guys I go out for rides with snapped his crank in a Triumph T509 Speed Triple two weeks ago, and it's cost him over £2000 (£3000ish) to put right, and even though the bike's just about back on the road, he say's he's going to sell it 'cos he'd never have faith in it not going again.

Bad idea dude

[ 08-23-2002, 12:39 AM: Message edited by: EarL ]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts