Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you were in Neutral with the clutch in.. from a stand still, you put the bike in first... then second... then back to first.. to second and then into neutral.. and once it was finally in neutral.. you let go of the clutch and the bike stalls out? The combination of gears is random and serves no purpose but my shit turned off after i did that.. and the bike was warm.. it was at about 180 degrees.

·
Registered
126 Posts
No offense, but why would you do that, and are you sure you were in neutral??
Not trying to sound like an ass, just wondering. That sounds really wierd.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Check your idle? What rpm's are you idling at? Should be at least 1200. I have my 750 @ about 1300-1400.

When I first read your post, it sounded like you were never moving. Just holding in the clutch while standing still and changing gears. I'm assuming you didn't mean it that way. Cause I was about to make the same comment as above.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No offense, but why would you do that, and are you sure you were in neutral??
Not trying to sound like an ass, just wondering. That sounds really wierd.
thats ok i was expecting at least 1 response like this
this problem corresponds to the post i made about a week ago about my bike cutting off while i was riding it.. its been at the dealer for a week and when i did that series of events i got the bike to cut off again. It hasnt started since and the dealer told me today they're not sure what the problem is and im starting to get REALLY irritated.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
well it shouldn't ever stall in neutral, but 1300 is where mine is set.

if all your doing is shifting a bunch of gears with the clutch in, it just sounds like you jumped around a bunch of gears and it stalled being up in the gears. was the neutral light on?

if so then I think she just got pissed sitting there and not doing anything. Your fondeling her then parking her when you do that. She's a racing machine, if your going to be shifting gears you need to be doing it while hauling ass coming into or exiting a corner.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
although your post DID make me smile, I was only 'fondling' her to see if she would stall out again.. rather have her do it in my driveway than on the side of a major highway... AGAIN.. and leave me walking.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
If you were in Neutral with the clutch in.. from a stand still, you put the bike in first... then second... then back to first.. to second and then into neutral.. and once it was finally in neutral.. you let go of the clutch and the bike stalls out? The combination of gears is random and serves no purpose but my shit turned off after i did that.. and the bike was warm.. it was at about 180 degrees.
My guess is you were not completely in neutral (even though the light might have suggested otherwise). If you had the kickstand up or down and you were not entirely in neutral and you let out the clutch that is why you stalled. That's my best guess. Later,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts