Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what other wheels will fit an slingshot usd fork? mostly correct width im looking for because im changing to k6 750 forks.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
A direct fit ? - the straight spoke wheels from the 94/95 gsxr750, 95/96/97 gsxr1100, early Bandit 1200s and RF900 all fit in and use the same 20mm axle - I think you need to use a caliper hanger bracket from one of these models as there's a difference in the brackets. Straight spoke wheels are a fair bit lighter than the twisted spoke wheels too. The hub width is different on many other wheels, so spacers are often needed to align the discs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually ive bought some uprated shovas from and gixxer750 k6. so i was thinking of busa front wheel. or can the bearings be altered to fit some of the suggested wheels?

·
Registered
7 Posts
A direct fit ? - the straight spoke wheels from the 94/95 gsxr750, 95/96/97 gsxr1100, early Bandit 1200s and RF900 all fit in and use the same 20mm axle - I think you need to use a caliper hanger bracket from one of these models as there's a difference in the brackets. Straight spoke wheels are a fair bit lighter than the twisted spoke wheels too. The hub width is different on many other wheels, so spacers are often needed to align the discs.
Hi. I’m looking for a change of wheels for my ‘91 GSXR1100 also. Maybe an updated forks and suspension setup to go with it. I’d like to lighten but keep a similar 3 spoke type wheels to keep it looking stock. Is there something out there I could use? This is my first post/visit in this forum so if there’s something I’ve missed I do apologise. I’m just starting and trying to navigate all this info. Many thanks, Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts