Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guy I met the other day has had problems jetting his 97 750 after putting a pipe & K&N in. All he did was fiddle with the mixture screws though...Go figure

The bikes got NO body work at all and he wants to sell it to me at a pretty good price.

Just wonderin what problems they have or usually have before I hit up my 401K for the cash.

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Sounds like it needs to be jetted for the mods.. lol

John

·
Registered
295 Posts
I had to take my 97 in to have the fuel pump gasket recall done. It would periodically leak fuel while sitting. About one year after they fixed it, it started leaking again. But, all I had to do was torque the bolts down. Also, I had the mystery hot starting problem where sometimes the bike would not start back up if you shut it off at 200+ degrees. Jetting is also very sensitive with that bike. I never could completly eliminate a 3000-4000 rpm light-load surge after jetting mine. But all-in-all I liked the bike.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Originally posted by Ricerockt:
I had to take my 97 in to have the fuel pump gasket recall done. It would periodically leak fuel while sitting. About one year after they fixed it, it started leaking again. But, all I had to do was torque the bolts down. Also, I had the mystery hot starting problem where sometimes the bike would not start back up if you shut it off at 200+ degrees. Jetting is also very sensitive with that bike. I never could completly eliminate a 3000-4000 rpm light-load surge after jetting mine. But all-in-all I liked the bike.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I have the same problem with my 97 GSX R750...when it's a hot day..like it has been all summer. It takes the bike 3-4 tries before it will restart (when bike temp is 220+ degrees).

Other than that, I have had no problem with my bike...it is fassssst as shit!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know it's fast hehe

If I can get the cash, I was gunna turn my 93 into a fighter and puttin the body work on the 97.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts