Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checking to see what wax you all use...looking for something that puts a real nice shine on that plastic....heard the wax shop has some good stuff,but want a few more ideas....thanks

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
bike specific waxes just cost more $$$ any car wax is ok and cheaper something like auto glym is good i've used loads of different ones and i know what your thinking,fairings are plastic but so are a lot of panels on cars now
use a cloth dampened with warm water to apply the polish and allow to dry,this way you dont apply excess polish that only serves to create hard work removing it
to finish off use auto glym gold apply and leave for at least 20 mins for a top shine

shine on you crazy diamond!!

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
i normally use plexus, but when i am in the mood for a good clean and shine, i use kitten car wax.. that comes up nice and good

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
plexus -- all it needs ...

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
i keep my bike constantly soaked with water, so as to achieve that 'wet' look......

honda polish and cleaner ina can is very nice, even tho its honda!!!j/k honda fans (im one too)

scott

[ 06-26-2002, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: eSeMeS750WX ]

·
Registered
128 Posts
3M Cleaner Wax is the SHIT !!! go buy a bottle today...removes swirlmarks, small scratches, cleans AND waxes all at the same time!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
P21S it is hands down the best wax there is. Besides a great shine, the stuff doesn't leave that white crusty stuff in the cracks and around the stickers.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
After I wipe down the plastic with Honda pro cleaner, I use Zymol cleaner wax, this stuff smells like almond candy, and always give me urge to drink the out of the bottle...

Zymol costs around $12 a bottle at local Autozone and Pep Boys, but Costco has them two in a bundle for $14, now that's $7 a bottle, great saving...

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
I just use Honda Pro Spray too. I mean it is not like your plastics are gonna rust. I might just use Nu-Finish on my tank once in a while but it is not that big of a deal.

jontflesh

·
Registered
138 Posts
check out my homepage, i have some commercial grade detail waxes and paint sealants. the product is made by lanes proffessional car products. Great stuff 100% backed up too.

Ryan

·
Registered
187 Posts
Mothers Gold with carnuba bas. Sweet

·
Registered
138 Posts
lane's is having a sale right now, one free quart of choice plus a free micro fiber towel. click on my user profile for the link under homepage.

Ryan

1 - 15 of 15 Posts