Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just got my 06 GSXR 1000 last week and loving it after upgrading from a SV650S.
Just wondering what tyres are people using on these bikes and what gives them the most confidence in bends whilst still being okay to use in the wet

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Hi guys, just got my 06 GSXR 1000 last week and loving it after upgrading from a SV650S.
Just wondering what tyres are people using on these bikes and what gives them the most confidence in bends whilst still being okay to use in the wet
Try using the search function on the top of the forum. This topic has been covered and covered…same as which oil is best etc.

That said, you can’t go wrong with any of the reputable tire brands, newer, sport oriented tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I did see the search function I just couldn’t find any recent posts for it as tyres are always changing and updating wanted a more recent overview of it all

Try using the search function on the top of the forum. This topic has been covered and covered…same as which oil is best etc.

That said, you can’t go wrong with any of the reputable tire brands, newer, sport oriented tires.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Yeah I did see the search function I just couldn’t find any recent posts for it as tyres are always changing and updating wanted a more recent overview of it all
What are you using the bike for primarily? This will be the biggest determining factor in your choice. I like Pirelli, Metzeler and Bridgestone those are the brands that I prefer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m using it as a daily commuter for work but also want to be able to push it hard on them nice sunny days come the summertime. It currently has some Diablo supercorsas on there that seem to actyslly warm up nicely even in this weather giving me nice grip but I’m worried how they will perform in the wet

What are you using the bike for primarily? This will be the biggest determining factor in your choice. I like Pirelli, Metzeler and Bridgestone those are the brands that I prefer.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
I’m using it as a daily commuter for work but also want to be able to push it hard on them nice sunny days come the summertime. It currently has some Diablo supercorsas on there that seem to actyslly warm up nicely even in this weather giving me nice grip but I’m worried how they will perform in the wet
Pirelli SuperCorsa are awesome but don’t last long and aren’t great in the wet. You’re best bet would be something like a Michelin Pilot Road 5 or similar. Dunlop Q3 do pretty much everything well.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I was going pretty hard up the mountains with fog and somewhat damp road, but Bridgestone S22 got me covered. As long as i dont go throttle crazy with dem 200+ponies under my crotch.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah my Dad has always like Bridgestone as well and raved on about them, however I put them on my SV650S and never really felt like I could get them to warm up? Don’t know if it was just them tyres?

I was going pretty hard up the mountains with fog and somewhat damp road, but Bridgestone S22 got me covered. As long as i dont go throttle crazy with dem 200+ponies under my crotch.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yeah my Dad has always like Bridgestone as well and raved on about them, however I put them on my SV650S and never really felt like I could get them to warm up? Don’t know if it was just them tyres?
To be fair, it is toasty here in Malaysia all year round. Even if is at the mountain with fog around it did not dip below 24 degree C. I would love to get my hands on the Q3, but Dunlop is just not as easy to get here so... Yeah...

Maybe playing with the pressure will help you get a better feel? I always drop them if I'm going to the twisties, while waiting for my mates at the petrol stations.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I run the pirelli Diablo Rosso 3’s on both my road gsxr 1000’s. They have ample grip (tested on track too). They do what they should in the wet also. At the end of the day, nobody should be testing the limits of a tyres grip on the road unless your doing the IOM TT. Save it for the racetrack.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Im with the above poster. I have a K5 and have always run the Pirelli Rossos. I went the cheaper option and snagged a set of Rosso2s. Same concept, not as new tech.. Spirited street riding and 4 times a year track days. No issues at all. Nice soft shoulders on them and the feel is great. Good value for money.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well thank you for all the feedback guys! Gave me a lot to think about for sure!😂 it’s a shame these supercorsas don’t perform in the wet as I love the feel of them in the dry…perhaps i need to turn into a summer rider…

·
Registered
GSX-R 1000 2014 L4 in the Netherlands
103 Posts
I got Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa II because no track tire heater needed and mostly on road use, rain no problem.
Some sellers mention the design of the tire so maybe look at description and difference (like Corsa II and III, SC, SP, polymers, silica)

But I will not buy cheap "hard" tires for durability, for a sports bike the tire is half the fun.

Buying them was not easy as they have so many type, here English info:

2019 test PDF https://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&rct=...it-Renns.pdf&usg=AOvVaw1EGrWZSP509yUgcOq49TYr

1 - 19 of 19 Posts