Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What going on guys quick question. I am just about to buy an 2011 750 but today I ran across a 2011 1000 with 350 miles for $9500 clean title...and I even checked the VIN to see if the bike was stolen. It seems way to good to be true. I'm going to see it on Wed. The bike is pretty much brand new...is there anything I should look out for?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have both 11 750 and 11 1000. Both have been good bikes to date. Couple a recalls on the 1000, front master cyl and kickstand switch nothing major. Also the master cyl on the 750 falls under the recall.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Make sure the previous owner didn't use the wrong oil. :nono

No, really, just check the usual suspects, mostly for crashes: bar ends, underside of clutch and alternator covers, fork ends, rear tail, tank rash. Check for smooth idle. I always ask the seller to leave the bike cold until I get there so I can see how easily it starts and idles. Bring a flashlight to look inside the tank. Take a look at the tires to get a clue how it's been ridden. It could have been over-revved (or under-revved) during break-in and overheated, which might have spooked the owner. It might have had low coolant or oil during PDI, and discovered later.

Most of all remember if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Sadly to say but you might find more of that kind of thing with life styles changing you have riders that aren't ableto ride as much anymore. I have a 09 I'm the first owner and only have 2200 miles on it. But to add to that I got mine because new in a different state they were cheaper than the 750's were here. in 09 the 750's here were 11,000 and some change a dealership in NC had the Red colored 1000's for 10000.00 it was a no brainer

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yea I see a bunch of newer bikes for sale all the time with no miles from guys getting married, having kids, New job etc etc. My 09 has under 5k miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts