Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'97 750 SRAD, already have jet kit, full yosh and 1 down 2 up gearing, Its mostly used for stunning, so i want as much power down low as possible (i have no need to go 160mph). I'm already going to go up 2 more teeth in the rear, but was wondering what other performance mods I could do on a reasonable budget? basically, what gives me the most bang for the buck?

Also, it hesitates a little in the very low rpms (1000-3000), i've heard of a timing advance kit, what exactly does this do and is it worthwhile?

Thanks!

[ 11-13-2002, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: DieTrying ]

·
Registered
275 Posts
I installed a factory +4 degree advance kit and it really improved the bottom end and midrange. The throttle response is great. I'm gettin ready to install a Ti-pro jet kit and go -1 front sprocket. I'll post to let everyone know how it runs.

www.factorypro.com

·
Registered
751 Posts
most any place sells them. A fixed on is about $30 and an adjustable one double that. Thats about it for cheap bolt on stuff. Most of the rest is all race stuff.

Problem is a 02 600 will wheelie damn near as good as your 97 750.

Your bike stock pushes....prob 115hp ish. A new 600 with a full exhaust about 110 and a boat load lighter.

Im running into this racing a 2000 600. The new FI bikes whooop me.

G

·
Get a K&N air filter for your bike, that'll add a few HP. I'm not sure if u can use this for a 97, but on my 96 i have a Vance&Hines programmable ignition system. this thing gives u a sick amount of additional power! i'm not sure how much they go for though, it came with the bike... as for that low rpm trouble youre having, just make sure you lube up your chain a lot... a dry chain will do that to ya.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts