Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I <3 Item 9
13,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just hit 30000km on my 2001 1k motor and was just wondering with these motors what are good things to check/tune-up at that mileage point?
What are things that you guys have had to tighten, fix, and/or replace, etc...?

I'm gonna do the typical stuff myself cuz I got the tools; synch throttle boddies, adjust TPS, check compression (even though I'm sure it's fine)... fresh oil, filter, plugs, airfilter cleaning, coolant... torque all motor mounts, adjust/lube chain & torque sprocket and check all electrical plugs/connections to make sure all is tight, look for any leaks (even though there are none)...

gonna detail the bike too and I have a Vortex Triple tree that should be here any day now too so that's gonna go on too... but that's a side point

Is there anything else that I should be doing? I don't feel like dropping the motor, but if I should be checking valves/shims and the cam lobes, cam-chain tensioner/chain/guides then I will...
---

So far the bike runs like a dream and has more power than I could ever want. Shifts are sooo smooth, wheelies pop like when I dropped the motor in last year, clutch still feels nice and tight, etc...

-
any info would be great... thanks

PS: i did a search and got nothing useful, so don't tell me to do one

·
Registered
941 Posts
Re: What to check for 1st high milage tuneup of motor?

Valve adjustment need to be done if you have not done it before now...

·
I <3 Item 9
13,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: What to check for 1st high milage tuneup of motor?

damn, I was thinking I'd have to do that...

is there anything else that typically has to be done to these motors around now?!?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts