Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have to get new tires. I dont have alot of $$$ to spend but I dont want crappy tires either I have been leaning tward the Michelin Pilot Power. Any info and thoughts would be appriciated.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Pilot Powers

They have them here in the "Group Purchases & Member Discounts" forum

·
Registered
351 Posts
depends what you want them for. the pilot powers are going to wear quicker then your stock tire... and i will NEVER buy a michelin product... they cant even make a tire to take a little banked turn at indy. fuck michelin.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
depends what you want them for. the pilot powers are going to wear quicker then your stock tire... and i will NEVER buy a michelin product... they cant even make a tire to take a little banked turn at indy. fuck michelin.
Next. The Michelin issue at indy has nothing to do with bike tires.

I run Michelin Pilot Race H2 rear and S2 front. It's a motoGP tire with longer lasting compounds. Simply the best tire I've had. I get about 4000 miles (7000 kms) from them.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I am trying to pick my next tire as well. How does the Michelin Pilot Power compare to the Pirelli Diablos and the Sporttec M1s? The stock Bridgestones are getting a little rough.

·
Banned
5,032 Posts
Racetech rears are truly awesome. The new tread pattern is far superior to the old Rennsport AND the new Supercorsa Pro. Gone is the quarter-sized crater at the trailing edge of the rainsipes. The fronts, unfortunately, will not stand up to maniacal trailbraking and front end sliding lunacy. You need a Michelin for that, and as luck would have it, they work beautifully together.

Unless you're just duffing around. Then it's irrelevant. Get whatever's on sale.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Unless you're just duffing around. Then it's irrelevant. Get whatever's on sale.
+1 If your just riding around and stunting or commuting, get whats on sale. Unless your a track freak (I am) and you want the extra confidence you can get from the newer street and track oriented tires from Mich, Pirelli, Dunlop, etc.

·
Registered
92 Posts
It doesn't matter who you ask or how many reports you read, tyres are very subjective. You may like the feel a certain tyre give you whilst somebody else may think they are crap.
Take a look at MotoGP and WSB (before the control tyre rule), if a team changes tyre sponsor you will find some riders moaning that they don't get the same feel from this or that make and will even, in extreme cases, change team to get back to the tyre brand they like.
Try and get a ride on a similar bike to yours thats fitted with the tyres you fancy and see how you get on. saves spending bucks on tyres you may not like.

Staffie

·
Registered
168 Posts
I went through the BT014 rear in 1500 miles
I went through a Dunlop 207 rear in 1100 miles
Now I am on Pilot Powers rear, I have over 1000 miles
on the Pilot powers and it is wearing Great,
and the traction is Superb!
3700 + miles on my K5 now.
I have had her since Tax Day, April 15th.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts