Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alos, what tire sizes do you guys recommend?? a few of my friends suggested the 18/55/17's but i loked at the stock specs, and the bike came with 190/50/17's. which do you guys recommend? thanks again

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Originally posted by Trung:
alos, what tire sizes do you guys recommend?? a few of my friends suggested the 18/55/17's but i loked at the stock specs, and the bike came with 190/50/17's. which do you guys recommend? thanks again
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Go with the 180 rear, your bike will turn quicker= easier..

·
Who Knows...Ask Who
1,714 Posts
I just got a M-1 180, & I love it compared to my 190 Pilot Sport. Transitions great

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wondering what you guys recommend tire wise for street use on a 98 gsxr 750. i would like good performance meaning pretty good handling and grip for street riding, while getting decent mileage out of the tire. thanks ahead for the info.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
For the same price as the D207, you can get Metzler's Sportec M-1. This tire's raved as one of the best all around tires out there. I have them on my '02 750 and I love them. Way stickier than the D207 and they warm up quicker, too. That's what I'd go with.

[ 08-13-2002, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: mcoker ]

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the quick reply. you guys at gixxer.com are always cool bout getting the info out there. thanks again

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Originally posted by raz_biker:
I think that with the mentioning of BT 010 this argument should have ended. BT 010: The Utimate Tyre for Gix 750
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I dont know about that.. Maybe for someone that rides a lot of freeway.. but I love my SuperCorsas for the track/canyons.. LOL

John

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
I am a advocate for Michelin pilot sport, good allround street/track/canyon/wet weather tyre.
there is also the metzler sportec, or pirelli dragon corsas or supercorsas for a soft and stickier tyre, really depends on the riding you do.

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Uh....? If your going to mention Metzler...Rennsports..
Supercorsa's are the same tire with a different tread pattern..
And yup, they are the BEST..

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just switched from standard D207's to D207RR's. These tires are incredible- monster grip, aggressive profiles, and acceptable stability. I've always loved the standard 207's but the RR's are several steps above their performance envelope. You can get away with murder mid-corner, and drive out like you never thought was possible. Very safe as well, when they let go they do so slowly and hook back up progressively. I'll never go back to street compounds.

Gary

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Well the 207rr is a street tire..
The GP is the race rubber... If you like the 207RR you should try some supercorsas or maybe some Evo Dragons...

John

·
Registered
192 Posts
I for one will never use a Dunlop 207 again here in MA at nights it gets a little cool and those tires love to slide alot. I put on a Bridgestone Battle Axe BT 010 and so far the tire is great. It heats up really fast sticks awesome no more tire spin just lots of wheelies even when the tire is cold. I have about 1000 miles on it so far and no signs of wear really.

·
Registered
295 Posts
The 207RR's are a great choice for aggresive street riding with some track days. I have 3000 miles on mine so far and they stick like glue and still have at least 2000 miles left in them. The best part is their price at $245 their hard to beat.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
yeah the 207rr's are tits. I put like 2 or 3 track days on them and well over 1000 street miles, and they had plenty of tread left. And those tires stick like glue. Good stuff. But they do have a pretty aggressive profile, very simlar to the 207gp or 208

·
Registered
17,982 Posts
There is a set of Dunlop 208's on ebay right now that look verrrrry nice, must be off a stolen bike because they are cheap! I just got a set of 207 RR's of ebay for 135 shipped!!! new would have been $250.00!! I LOOOOVE EBAY!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts