Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what the hell\'s wrong with my fork?

So I take my bike out for a ride the other day (first ride of the year) and I notice its all over the place on bumps around corners. Its diving like crazy on braking. While sitting on my bike, I push down on the forks and they don't bounce back up! Also, its really easy to push them down. I have to physically pull them back up to where they were. I know I should really service these and I'm getting the Racetech valve emulators but I just want to know what else I should be looking out for.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Re: what the hell\'s wrong with my fork?

I've replaced a few fork seals before, but I've never seen forks that would push down and not come back up... broken/sacked springs? worn sliders inside? I dunno, but if it were me, I'd take it as a sign from god to buy some newer USD forks or something...

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts

Sounds like the springs are shot. If your a big guy like I am and like to wheelie like I do you are going to go through seals but if you rebuild them (or better yet have lindemann do it for you)and set them to your weight and riding style you will be real happy with your RSU forks.
Bones

·
Registered
3,895 Posts

Hey, I was thinking about this earlier, and something else ocurred to me... you ever crashed that thing? the steel tubes can be bent only slightly (not enough to clearly see it) and bind up in the aluminum body of the forks... definitely something to check when you have them apart.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks guys, I'm not a big guy at all so I don't think the wheelying's the problem. I think the bike has been crashed before but I didn't notice it when I bought it.

I recently raised the fork tubes but I didn't measure. I just kinda did it by eye. Would this be causing binding or something in the fork tubes?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts