Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im riding in 2 nd and this happened to me 2 times already.. id be pullin it hard and it would jump into nuetral.... now this is a 03 engin.. i had an 00 engin and had the 2nd gear problem and changed my engin to an 03.. the problem i had with the 00 was jumping in 2nd but this engin did it twice, it jumped from second to neutral.. now maybee i hit the clutch lever with my foot... hopefully.. whats wrong or what can be wrong.. the engin was not beat on and had 1200 miles on it.. and a new clutch, chain and sprockets.

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
Sounds like the foot shifter lever needs to be longer. Loosen the front clamp and turn it 1 turn back to make it longer, and test ride it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok ill try that...... and what do you mean was the clutch adjusted.. you mean from the turn knob on the handle or what? ill adjust the lever right now and hopefully take it out for a ride.. so you tryin to say taht i might be hittin it with my foot when im riding??

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
all works fine.. i think i was just hittin the clutch lever with the top of my foot by mistake and slappin it out of gear.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well to be honest I think you should keep your feet on the pegs and away from the handelbars cause if your hitting the clutch lever with your foot you have a very funky riding position.

Slo

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
riiiiiight the gear shifter pedal.. my bad playa

1 - 7 of 7 Posts