Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Hey xxjonesxx, what bike is in your post above. looks like a TLR but with a 03/04 1000 rear end. what kind of pipes are those, did you make them, ive never seen any that mount up that high. Looks sweet but pics are very small got any larger ones?

that is because it is not a tiller

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Found a brand new TiForce full titanium exhaust unopened in the box for the TL1000. Is this something anyone might be interested in? Get in contact with me, may have some other parts laying around as well for the TL. -Mike

·
Banned
29,644 Posts
I've had mine now for about 18 mos. I've logged about 8700 miles on it. Here's my take on it.

1. The feel of the bike is beyond description.
2. The sound is unlike any other. The RC51 comes close, but it's not as raw as the TLR.
3. The handling is something that a n00b should never trifle with. If you fuck with it, it will chuck you. I've had some close calls on bumpy corners. I've been lucky
4. The thrill of the acceleration is unlike anything a GSXR can give you. While the GSXR has all the refinement of a modern sportbike, more HP, better handling, IMO they lack the depth of a TLR/S They lack the brute character where if your skill level is minimal, the TL will tell your ass to GTFO. However, if you trust her, and don't fight her then you become in a sense all alone on the road. You, the bike, and the curves. Nothing else matters. I fell in love with the TLR the moment I spied it from about 7 blocks away while I was at work. I saw what I thought was an SRAD with a very custom exhaust. I did some searching on google, and learned about the TLR. 2 years later, I found that same bike for sale (3 miles from where I originally saw it years earlier)
If you buy a TLR, be prepared to empty your wallet. Frequently. I'm in my TLR about 6k in the cost of buying it, tires, oil, upgrades, small custom pieces, replacement bits (OEM nose, and tail, all new OEM) brakes, etc.

4 months after I got it, I saw a news story of a kid, 17, his parents bought him a 2001 TLR, exactly the same as mine. He had the bike for 2 days. Somehow he was killed on it on his way to high school. WORST first bike EVER. The TLR is not a bike for n00bs.
Oh and if you get one, don't ever plan on sitting in a traffic jam.

You'll find out in about 2 minutes of sitting in gridlock...TLR stands for

Testicles
Lightly
Roasted.

This is mine.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've had mine now for about 18 mos. I've logged about 8700 miles on it. Here's my take on it.

1. The feel of the bike is beyond description.
2. The sound is unlike any other. The RC51 comes close, but it's not as raw as the TLR.
3. The handling is something that a n00b should never trifle with. If you fuck with it, it will chuck you. I've had some close calls on bumpy corners. I've been lucky
4. The thrill of the acceleration is unlike anything a GSXR can give you. While the GSXR has all the refinement of a modern sportbike, more HP, better handling, IMO they lack the depth of a TLR/S They lack the brute character where if your skill level is minimal, the TL will tell your ass to GTFO. However, if you trust her, and don't fight her then you become in a sense all alone on the road. You, the bike, and the curves. Nothing else matters. I fell in love with the TLR the moment I spied it from about 7 blocks away while I was at work. I saw what I thought was an SRAD with a very custom exhaust. I did some searching on google, and learned about the TLR. 2 years later, I found that same bike for sale (3 miles from where I originally saw it years earlier)
If you buy a TLR, be prepared to empty your wallet. Frequently. I'm in my TLR about 6k in the cost of buying it, tires, oil, upgrades, small custom pieces, replacement bits (OEM nose, and tail, all new OEM) brakes, etc.

4 months after I got it, I saw a news story of a kid, 17, his parents bought him a 2001 TLR, exactly the same as mine. He had the bike for 2 days. Somehow he was killed on it on his way to high school. WORST first bike EVER. The TLR is not a bike for n00bs.
Oh and if you get one, don't ever plan on sitting in a traffic jam.

You'll find out in about 2 minutes of sitting in gridlock...TLR stands for

Testicles
Lightly
Roasted.

This is mine.
Sick bike man

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Banned
29,644 Posts
The SV went more sport touring then Superbike. The SV1000 was 15hp less, and a more upright seating position. After riding both, the SV has its own fun factor, and it has the sound....but it's nowhere near the same overall.

·
Banned
29,644 Posts
I've never had electrical issues with mine. I did have a leaky fuel pump gasket, but for being 11 years old, that's to be expected. :dunno

·
Registered
110 Posts
Great bikes from.sight and sound. Now.heres a real.question selling my SRAD 750 to get one of these. Got.teo im looking at roughly same milage. One is a 97 S askin 2300. The other is a 2000 R askin 2500... id rather go for.the S cuz I can talk him lower and possibly have some.cash left over. But dont wanna feel like I.missed out on something.not.getting.the R. Itll be a daily rider in Las vegas traffic...any thoughts on.which one...

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
33 Participants
gsxr313
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing