Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 86 that I want to put a 90 or so swing-arm on it just because they look better. Any idea what will fit?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I am getting ready to put on a 92 750 swingarm on my 86. It looks like it should bolt right on with almost no mods.
If you do a search you will find lots of info on the subject.
Good Luck.

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
I just got a 92 1100 arm to fit my 88 1100

looks like a box of parts to me right now

I won't be working onit until I move this month

[ 10-31-2001: Message edited by: Mr Gixxer ]</p>

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
i know that isn't a direct bolt on for the 90-92 swingarm. for one the 86/87 gixxer doesn't have a progressive linkage(dog bones) like the others..secondly, the 86/87 has a smaller pivot axle than all the rest of the gixxers..you will have to make serious mods to the frame just to get the axle to fit...i will never say that it can't be done because anything is possible..it's just how far are you willing to go and how much are you willing to spend to get this projoect to its final stage(completion)...

·
Registered
434 Posts
I put a 90 style swing arm on my 86 and the bushings from the 90 arm go over the 86 bushings so you can still use the 86 axle however you have to shorten the bushings and locktite them, or you have to drill the frame to take the larger pivot bolt also dont over torque the bolt use the minimum torque value not the maximum or else you will bend the frame and put a lot of drag on the swingarm, also you need to make custom dogbones and a spacer to replace the eccentric in the linkage of the 86 that has a hole in the midlle so that it is no longer an eccentric.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts