Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
IM THE BRONZE
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im tearing up these RS10's pretty good. Tire pressure are good, appears normal wear, no cold or hot tear visible.
Tracks I run are mostly left hand turns, counter clockwise.
Left side wearing far more than right. Non rotatable tires DOT.
Im looking at the Dunlop KR448/449's which I can reverse after every 2 days.

Your thoughts on preferred Slicks?

·
Deceptively fast Bob...
20,178 Posts
I think you can flip any race tire nowadays, plus the same with the Pirelli and Dunlop street tires(I think).

I'm a Pirelli guy now, came off Dunlops. I wouldn't go back unless I was going to do MotoAmerica.

·
IM THE BRONZE
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, DOTs have a direction arrow because they are only effective in the rain in one direction, but you can flip them and ride them in the dry.
Some you can, some you can not, it depends on the cords inside the tire as being deemed safe.
A quick paste from an article.

3. A directional type pneumatic tire comprising
a tire carcass having beads and a crown area and a tire tread on the tire carcass and wherein said carcass includes a plurality of confluent ply assemblies and said carcass is comprised of a like number of said confluent ply assemblies which are inclined in opposite rotary (or circumferential) directions of the tire and all cords in said confluent ply assemblies are positioned at a specific bias angle to a radial line at the center of the crown area of the carcass, all of said cords being positioned at a uniform bias angle and wherein the cords in the confluent ply assemblies which are inclined in one rotary direction have lesser strength than the cords in the confluent ply assemblies that are inclined in the opposite rotary direction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts