Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope they're 5.75"....

If so, anybody got a complete headlight mount for sale?

thanks
kevin

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmm... not sure the ebay message went thru. Anyway, if you could measure the lights, I'd appreciate it. I want to use Osram X5006 HID lights, a standard automotive size light (and for Sportsters too) and need a housing they fit in....

thanks!
kevin

[ 11-20-2002, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: vfr750f3 ]

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I still haven't gotten anything from eBay...

The headlight housings themselves are glass and metal... there is a chrome-lookin trim-ring that goes around the outside, but all of the mounting hardware is welded to the glass/metal assy that the bulb inserts into. I doubt very seriously that you could get the automotive 5006 housing to mount/fit properly without a lot of work... but the measurement on the metal trim ring is indeed 5 3/4". The glass portion that pokes through the ring is only 5 1/8" dia. but be clear about this... that trim ring is only a cosmetic thing... it does *not* work like an automotive-style sealed beam where the trim ring is also the mounting point. If you need more details or have more q's my email is [email protected]

[ 11-20-2002, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: FastCat ]

·
Registered
42 Posts
On a 1987 1100 the headlights mounts look like this:

For parts drawings and numbers see page 62 & 63 of the manual at:

headlamp pages

The full manual is at:
86-88 parts catalog (this is a 2.4 megabyte PDF file, so allow some time for it to download)

Model
G = 1986
H = 1987
J = 1988

On a 1987 1100 the diameter of the trim rings is 5.75", the diameter of the raised portion of the headlight lens is 5 1/8"

Doug

1 - 7 of 7 Posts