Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Re: what size are the first gen\'s clip-ons?

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mr Gixxer:
are they 7/8"

I am too lazy to go out and measure mine
<hr></blockquote>

7/8"??? lol What the hell's an " ? Don't you Canucks us the metric system? It's a really neat and accurate means of measuring something...sorry I had to give you a hard time. I have it in my gixxer materials at home. If Jeff doesn't beat me to it I'll get it posted after 11pm (9pm for you) Oh wait, in metric that's 2300 (2100 for you)

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Canada went metric years ago, but I didn't!

I spell things the american way too (one or more less letters)

color vs colour
catalog vs catalogue

etc

·
Banned
3,509 Posts

Here you go ya clown...I measured my old forks hanging in the garage at 41mm.

I checked Suzuki GSX-R 750 by Gary Pinchin (ISBN 1 86126 082 2) and it lists the following dimensions...

86 G & RG..41mm
87 H..41mm

88 J..43mm
89 K..43mm

90 L..41mmUSD

I have an article from the July 1986 CYCLE "750's vs 1000's" It gives the specs for an '86 1100 as having 41mm forks like the 750's do. I would probably be wrong in assuming that the other years of 1100's are the same as the 750's. At least up until they switched to USD's.

Hope it helps big guy.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts

I belive Mr.Gix is talking about the size around of the actual clip-on tube for the Nissin bits from LP right? well I think you would be safe in getting the master cylnders, besides worse comes to worse, get some vortex clip-ons

-Karl

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

yes it is the clip-ons bar size I needed

I should have been clearer

I do believe the fork stanchions are 41

·
Banned
3,509 Posts

Then 41mm and 43mm are the two sizes. The clip-on and my steering damper clamps are both 41mm on the original '86 forks. I like Woodcraft Clip-ons myself.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts

Oh, you mean the handle bar part of the clip-on...like where your throttle and grips go...Why, that would be 7/8 of an inch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts