Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I presently have a stage3 kit on my '031k with the hotbodies undertail exhaust and -1 front. I have 169rwhp but 2 light 140 lbs and less guys still pull on me in 3rd gear and higher. I am finally thinking about getting rid of the undertail exhaust. What would you guys recommend for the exhaust as well? I hear I will be better off going with a slip on. If so what do you recommend? I am not adding NOS and no more engine work. What can I do to get a few more ponies.

·
Registered
941 Posts
if you got a stage 3 kit then its going to be hard to find something to get you some more power....A full TiForce exhaust is supposed to be one of the best pipes out there for the G1K, so you might want to do a little research on the pipe before you buy it...You should gain a few from it and then have your map Tweked...

Thats alot of dough for a couple of ponies..

I've got a stage 2 kit (Minus the short stacks) and i'm putting down 165.5 right now....Later I plan on putting them in and a thinner yosh head gasket to see what i'll gain off of that...maybe 3-5 HP...I've also talked to a guy that does porting and polishing..He said that porting and polishing the heads and regrinding the valves would get me 8-12% more HP...That would be a ton....

get any ideas yet? Just about anything you do from here on out is going to be expensive..

·
Premium Member
73,234 Posts
imo, you can lose some weight, bolt on a turbo, or spray it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts