Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a local place here in orlando that said they would do my rearsets for 10 bucks a peice so when i herd this i was like well what else should i do? As i was looking at my bike i figured there were lots of parts that could be powder coated for fairly cheap and it would pull the entire look of the bike together.

What about the brakes, clip ons, bottom front forks, some dull black parts etc, that would look better in a gloss (imo) and wasnt sure what everyone though about that? Tonts of silver metal that would look better in a black. Maybe my Motivation bar ends?

Help me out guys, what u think?

·
Registered
285 Posts
i did my motovations, definitely do yours..

passenger pegs, levers.

·
Registered
418 Posts
as much as possible. thats my plan anyways. I want to powder coat as much as i can as far as the rear sets, shift lever, brake, etc etc etc...

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
I did a lot of the bolts (head only) that mount the plastic on. The bolt for the gas tank and some others. I might go and get a lot of the other bolts done now as well since it looks better. If they can, get the rear brake cylinder done. They wouldn't do mine because heat from oven might ruin rubber piece and they did not want to be responsible. So I painted it myself.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sounds good guys thanks

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
be careful about doing this, because the price seems too good to be true. powder coating usually runs about $40+ for rearsets, so that seems a little too cheap. the only thing i can think of is that they do a huge batch of them at a time, so they can just throw your parts in with the rest for 10 bucks a pop. If that's not the case, the deal seems really shady. You might be thinking.... 'who cares if its shady and they might do a crappy job? its only 10 bucks.' however, it seems like you want to do a lot of pieces, so all that could add up.

my suggestion: have them do a couple of small pieces first that you don't care too much about. if they do a decent job, give em the rest. if not, then you can save that money or find another place.

PS I'm not ragging on you for doing this, i just dont want you to get dicked.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well this was onoly an over the phone estimate so he wasnt too sure about how much there was on a rearset, etc. But you are right im deff goign to go down and check them out in person first. :cheers

·
Registered
190 Posts
powder coating shouldnt be 40 just for rearsets, especially not black which is a fairly cheap color compared to some colors, as for them doing many parts at once of course they do so they can make it cheaper, I had about 10 peices including a good portion of my frame done on my honda 400ex 4 wheeler and it was done in a candy blue and a couple black and it only ran me 100

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
werd +1

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.