Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking about getting NO2 for my gsxr 750 K2 but would want something like a 25-30 shot, would that be ok with no engine mods or fueling changes , i was told some were that u can use uptio a 40 shot without any mods to engine or fueling ? would i be best with dry shot ?

thanks

steve

·
Registered
137 Posts
i am, by no means, experienced. Nor am i very smart. BUT NITROUS??? ok, well, let me handle it this way, why? second off, why? and third, do you drag race? and have a wheelie bar for it? drop a tooth, and you won't need nitrous. and NO ONE really needs to go faster than a 750 can get you. it's ludacris

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
Go to the drag strip and learn to launch the bike. Trust me after time youll smoke most of the bikes on the road if you can come out fast.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
NO ONE really needs to go faster than a 750 can get you. it's ludacris
That's your opinion. If the guy wants nitrous, then he should get nitrous. Maybe he does drag race. Maybe he doesn't. Who knows.

And BTW....this is Ludacris:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm 23 now bin riding since i was 16 have done 20,000 miles a year all weather,went from a piaggo nrg mc2 50cc to a gilera runner 50cc, then to a honda cg 125 then a suzuki GS 125 then a gs500E then to a yamaha xj600s then to a suzuki rf600 94m then to my current bike i have only been on the drag strip once and that was with my gs500e were i i was faster at the start by miles then a fireblade 900 was,i have alot of experiance in riding a bike just the otherday i wipped a MV agusta 750 of the start and down the road even though he was riding solo and i had a passenger in the reagon of 8st i now this sounds big headed but y do people always answer with the pathetic get used to ur bike first or get some experiance racked up,i have come on here for some advice on if it can be done , if not the fair enough but if it can be done i may think about it in the future, also i have gone 1 tooth up on the rear but that was not by chioce as the dealer only had a 41 or a 43 tooth sprocket in at the time so i decided to go for a 1 up,.

anyway back to the original post

·
Registered
951 Posts
I will fill you in on my experience with N20 on my 2002 GSXR750.

I have a Devil SB2 high mount pipe and KN and Yoshi EMS (same as PCIIIr). Anyhow the Devil runs perfect with a Micron map, and i dyno tested and proved it. This leads into the N20.

I ran a 28 shot of N20 in a dry spray with no changes to my fuel map and the bike made 15 more hp across the board from 6k to redline. The airfuel ratio barely even changed at all.

That said you can run a 28 with no change at all. Now my map actually takes quite a bit of fuel off the top end. If you have a bike with no PC i would guess you can run a 32 shot with no fuel added.

I just put my 32 jet in my set up and plan to add 2% more fuel to the very top end on that map. Should be good for 18hp or so.

If you want N20 get it. I am a good 1/4 racer and my N20 made my bike even quicker. The 28 shot took almost .2 off my 1/4 time. Its fun on the street too. If you launch against someone and they get a bit of a jump....spray and it will help. If you get the jump, no need to spray.

I don't know too many people that wouldn't like a 15hp boot at the push of a button ....i know i like it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
alot of people keep it at at about 12000-13000 revs and get the clutch biteing , what i do is i get it at say around 10000 and get the clutche biting then when i set of i start the increase the revs to around the 12000 mark while feeding and feeling the clutch and it goes like stink

·
Registered
137 Posts
I want to respond to phantom rider, but first ...

digipro, I hope you didn't think I meant any disrespect. I asked why, somewhat commedicly, but it's just my way. It's just hard for me to imagine needing nitrous, then again, I only have 3k miles under my belt. 40 sounds high though. If you call Eidelbrock, or more specificly Holley ((270) 781-9741), they are very happy to help out with that. they will tell you just shy of what you can run, bone stock. i'd say five more hp than what they recomend. Good Luck man.

As for the launching, i am just getting used to it, but i'm up around 8, let the clutch bite, add throttle and release clutch at an equal rate. i started around six, moved to seven, but i'll try ten next.

but hey, digi, if you could PM me, just to keep this thread from going waaay off topic, can you recomend a shift technique?? when i come out of first, i notice that it goes into neutral and sticks there. it doesn't like going into second. is it a tranny issue? or clutch? or rider? (more likely rider, but just some advice)

·
Registered
637 Posts
nitro = nitromethane = shit they use in dragsters

nitrus = Nitrus Oxide = the same stuff they use to put you out for an operation, but with a big difference, they add sulpher to it, so it would be lethal to use if you wanna try to put yaself to sleep with it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.