Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 GSXR 1100 swingarm on the way to put on my 86 750 project. Now I need a shock for it. I am trying to find out what years are rebuidable, and what shock will work the best.
Thanks.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Give the guys at Lindemann's a call. They rebuild alot of stock shocks so I'm guessing they'd be the authority on shock rebuild.

I know WP, Fox and Ohlins are rebuildable.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't phrase my question correctly. It should have been what year stock suzuki shocks are rebuildable and would work well with that setup.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
No, you phrased it correctly and I replied "they rebuild alot of stock shocks". Seriously, give Lindemann's a call. Or maybe Race Tech too. I know Lindemann's can do things like new/different springs on old shocks, recharging the nitrogen, titanium nitride coating of the pistons/sliders, reannodizing and basicly make an old shcok look like it just came out of the box.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will give them a call. Do you have their number? Thanks.

[ 10-02-2001: Message edited by: suzukiltd ]

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
1992 and up 1100 shocks (oil or water pump) should do fine and are all rebuildable.

·
Registered
434 Posts
on my 86 750 I put a 90 or 91 style swing arm on and used a 91 or 92 I think 1100 shock. Its the 40mm showa big body, then put gold valve in it it works awesome. Had to modifiy the fork mount on one end of the shock to an eye mount and remove the eccentric from the stock shock linkage and made new dog bones and do a bit of grinding to clear things.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found a 91-92 750 shock. I am going to try and get it. Are there ary advantades to using a 1100 over a 750?
Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts