Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What RPM do you ride your bike at? High Low??? I am sure it is better for the plugs to ride at higher RPM's but how about the bike. I like to keep the bike in higher RPM's when cruising 4,500-5,000.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I never thought that 4500-5000 was high for cruising... but I kinda cut my teeth on little bikes... my 1127 with the Hindle has a sweet spot right at 5200RPM or so where it really comes on the pipe and starts to sound more annoying to those people who don't appreciate the scream of an inline-4... that also happens to be the RPM where the front wheel will lift *right*now* if I slap the throttle open... so I try to keep cruising RPMs below that.

·
Registered
463 Posts
If there were no cops I'd like to cruise at 7500 rpm...but because that's not the case I have to cruise at 5000 rpm. Speed limits suck!

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
I have my 90 geared for a max speed of 135 in 5th.
My StreetFighter is geared for 130 but with no fairings I do not go over about 110.
At my current riding style I do not need to go that fast anyway.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
I have a 92 750 with a 90 1100/1340 motor in it. I geared it tall cuz launching it is too difficult with even stock gears. I cruise at 75 mph @about 4250 rpm. I realize that it isn't relavent to his question but i thought it was cool.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Big Papa:
[QB]I have a 92 750 with a 90 1100/1340 motor in it. I geared it tall cuz launching it is too difficult with even stock gears.

This may be a stupid question but 90, that is your rear sprocket, to help you wheelie more easily.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Cruising??? what's that

·
Registered
360 Posts
About 5000 before it gets too loud, only if I see a cop and don't want to get in trouble. Not too much crusing either off or full blast. I have went all the way down to an 11 tooth in the front with stock 45 in back. You hear that it's bad but it never hurt anything. Only good for about 125 with that combo, ok for a in-town bike or my local track(if I ever see it).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts