Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post at this site!

Greetings to all Gixxer-lovers (and especially those of you that run the Oil/Air cooled beauties).

During the winter (which is WAY to long here in Sweden) I will go to work on my fairing (amongst other things). I want to keep my original fairing and buy a new one. The rear fairing is as you probably know a bit to "square" for my taste, and I want to have the same round one as the -89 or newer ones. My girlfriend has told me that I can do whatever I want to do, as long as she will still be able to sit behind me. This eliminates the RGV rear, which is as I understand it pretty common when remodeling the -88 gixxer.
So, does anyone have any suggestions on what rears I can buy (and where) and fit to my bike without to much trouble (by "To much" I mean not having to weld the whole frame
)

Best regards

Freppa

Ps. Please excuse my spelling and/or grammar that probably sucks!

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Originally posted by Mr Gixxer:
have a look at this post the tail is (was) a stock piece from AirTech that Joey has modified
it is cut to look like the LTD style and the taillight hole filed and two round holes created to mount some Libertek LED's

and you can still take a passenger
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes you to can have a Clown Butt... just 19.99 from Ronco.

Just kidding Mr.Gixxer I love your tail (in kind of a non-gay way).
Try these guys to. http://www.whaccessories.com/
Its mostly Streetfighter stuff but some nice tails.
If you want to clean it up I'd use a LTD tail and make it Quick release for when you need to carry Pax.
I have a 91-92 750 Sharkskins solo tail (new) and a Corbin solo seat that I am going to be selling (look for a post this week).
Bones
Bones

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
I had to sign up as a dealer before they would donate the tail plastics to the project

I wonder what my price is on stuff???

yeah they told me their e-mail server was broke long time ago

1 - 7 of 7 Posts