Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What other motors will fit into an \'86750?

Just wondering what other gixxer motors will fit into my '86 750 frame. Also, are these motors easy to come by? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Re: What other motors will fit into an \'86750?

no they are not I had to get mine either from cali, or wisconsin
mine is 92, an 1100 may fit but not 100per. sure

·
Premium Member
3,306 Posts

Any oil cooled 600, 750, 1052, 1127, 0r 1200 will bolt in. Get the wiring harness with it and you are off. The big motors will be tighter and valve adjustments will be tough. Troy341

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Dungbeetle, sir, how much of a performance upgrade is it to go from the wild gixxer engine to the milder, albeit larger, bandit motor? Any complaints? Or is it just fast as hell? Does the bandit motor have that high-rpm manic rush that the gixxer motor had?

·
Farm OG
2,801 Posts

Dungbeetle, sir, how much of a performance upgrade is it to go from the wild gixxer engine to the milder, albeit larger, bandit motor? Any complaints? Or is it just fast as hell? Does the bandit motor have that high-rpm manic rush that the gixxer motor had?
Put a gixxer head on that B12 block and it becomes a gixxer motor for all practical purposes, if you are worried that a bandit isn't "top-endy" enough for you.
I have seen some brutal runs at the strip made by bandits. Go fast goodies are readily available and I think that most aftermarket stuff for either motor will interchange.
In short a B12 motor is a phenomenal upgrade for a 750 w/ a bad motor.

·
Registered
339 Posts

The 1100 cams drop right in the B12 motor and give it a nice top-end rush (and about 125-130 rwhp with full exhaust/rejet).

Would be quite an exciting ride for the wobbly '80s-era frames.

·
Registered
811 Posts

Put a gixxer head on that B12 block and it becomes a gixxer motor for all practical purposes, if you are worried that a bandit isn't "top-endy" enough for you.
I have seen some brutal runs at the strip made by bandits. Go fast goodies are readily available and I think that most aftermarket stuff for either motor will interchange.
In short a B12 motor is a phenomenal upgrade for a 750 w/ a bad motor.

dunno yet. it still aint runnning...slipped the motor in to make sure it would fit, but winters coming here, so i got ages to get it finished.

·
Registered
339 Posts

The Bandit 1200 engine is a true torque monster, with a midrange like no other. It makes peak torque at only 4,000 RPM! And it's still making the same torque at 7,000 RPM, the powerband is wide as a house.

With the mild stock cams it doesn't like to rev though, starts wheezing about 8k. That's why the '89-'92 GSX-R1100 intake camshaft is such a popular mod for B12 hot-rodders. Add the 1100 exhaust cam too for extra friskiness. Bolt in some stock-bore JE 11:1 pistons and hang on!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts