Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
know it's a newbie question. but will standard car engine oil work for my gixxer engine? i'm use to mixing oil and gas in my bikes.

cheers!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow! i usually don't like to go from standard to synthetic...especially on an engine this old. so i guess i could take that as a yes then?

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
What did the previous owner use?

I don't know what the previous owner of my bike used but am confident with the syntec not the blend just syntec.Not a bad price eithier ($6.00 ) a quart
Bobbychet

·
Registered
167 Posts
what does the manual as far as viscosity rating? im doing mine on sat... while were here wheres the oil drain plug anyhow? i have my fairings off so i thought id tackle this...

·
Has been Texan longer than the cheerleader
26,430 Posts
I use to use Mobil 1 15w-50 (car oil) in my race bike...... I'll probably end up using Mobil 1 MX4T in my street bike. Walmart Sells Mobil 1 MX4T 10w-40 so that makes it a bit more convienient.....

Engineered for on-road, off-road and competition four-cycle motorcycles. Key benefits of Mobil 1® MX4T 10W-40:

Helps provide optimum acceleration and peak horsepower.

Scientifically developed high-performance additive system.

Provides excellent engine protection at peak rpm.

Superb transmission protection.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks everyone.

i ended up getting the suzuki oil at the shop when i picked up my filter. crap! that reminds me...i have to order a k&n air filter too. the oil was only $1-something...i put mobil one in my car, but i've never had great success switching over from reg to syn oils in older cars so i'll just stick with the suzuki oil.

thanks again!

cheers!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts