Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was it a 160 or 170?
I have a option to trade off the pirelli dragons for a set of avon azaros or MEZ1 metzlers only thing is the mez1 are sized at 160 for the rear?
I am 1000% sure i have a 170 on the rear now.
So i wanna try azaros i thinK?
I dislike the dragons not a good compound enough for me?

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm running an Avon Azaro right now (160/60/17 stock size)I don't remember the #, and it's a soft compound. How's the dragon compound?

·
Registered
269 Posts
The '88/89 750s came with the Michelin A59/M59X radial rubber with a 160 out back on 4.5" rim. Wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy either!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
reply to the DRagons WeLL Well wEll i did a stand up on the pegs light my tire up down the ramp at my new pad under ground so they stick but not enuff for my liking.
A buddy has the pilots michelins and they are so sticky that is you get behind him they throu rocks in the air that they grab off the road.
The MeZ1 s metzlers did that also 1 full minute of on the road and crack the throttle and boom the wheel is stuck and gripping the front off the gound, not so with the dragons its a tail fish slide for yah! Have to light it up a small bit to get them to stick. DO NOT LIKE THEM

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
the dragons do come in different compounds ya'all... There's the "supercorsa", the "corsa" and the plain ole dragon. I have the medium "corsa" compound, and it works well enough for me. The "supercorsa" compound is marketed as a "DOT race" compound, so not sure that's a good idea for multiple heat-cycles on a streetbike. If you wear out your tires faster than you can put too many heat cycles on `em, they might be for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts