Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
But haven't you heard that Betty White quote??? :woot
“Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding.”
..in reality balls are not making them though. But In "saying" is that what must make people strong.Balls. Guys have balls, guys are strong.
Balls..yes of course they are weak and delicate just like girls? hahaha

P.s
I never thought that I could use "balls" word so many times in one statement :lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
..in reality balls are not making them though. But In "saying" is that what must make people strong.Balls. Guys have balls, guys are strong.
Balls..yes of course they are weak and delicate just like girls? hahaha

P.s
I never thought that I could use "balls" word so many times in one statement :lol
haha Two girls talkin' about balls, gotta love it! :punk

·
Registered
201 Posts
People also say.. Be strong like a men. WHAT? Why the hell I would want to be like them. I'm weak and its just part of being a woman not a tom-boy etc Be strong, NO F**k You, you be strong and leave me alone. I don't hate people but some deserve to die ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
People also say.. Be strong like a men. WHAT? Why the hell I would want to be like them. I'm weak and its just part of being a woman not a tom-boy etc Be strong, NO F**k You, you be strong and leave me alone. I don't hate people but some deserve to die ;)
Yeah, I try to be pretty tough, like I feel tough inside but after my riding class (I couldn't keep that damn tiny light bike rubber side up) I felt so discouraged and wanted to cry. That's just the girlyness I guess. And once while I was trying to learn I dropped my boyfriend's bike (luckily has crash bars) and he was like really stern telling me to get up, keep going, don't cry. Which I guess was good because I needed that push to not get discouraged and give up. It sucks though I feel like he pushes me harder than I should be pushed. Like he thinks I can ride more/better than what I can. At this stage I am still learning. I would rather learn from girls than guys and my over achiever boyfriend!! :cursing

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yeah, I try to be pretty tough, like I feel tough inside but after my riding class (I couldn't keep that damn tiny light bike rubber side up) I felt so discouraged and wanted to cry. That's just the girlyness I guess. And once while I was trying to learn I dropped my boyfriend's bike (luckily has crash bars) and he was like really stern telling me to get up, keep going, don't cry. Which I guess was good because I needed that push to not get discouraged and give up. It sucks though I feel like he pushes me harder than I should be pushed. Like he thinks I can ride more/better than what I can. At this stage I am still learning. I would rather learn from girls than guys and my over achiever boyfriend!! :cursing

I had to highlight this, sorry but that actually make me laugh :lol

I tried to give up riding few times when I was just a learner, weather was always crap, riding on this learner ugly bike it was horrendous and embarrassing- girl thing I suppose. He maybe think that he know you and saw you before that you can also do this and maybe he feel that you are not giving 100% and all your heart into this. Maybe you should tell him that this is as much you can do and want to do, but when he push you to do more and you just don't feel like it just say ENOUGH, NO. As simple as that. Ask him if he wish to learn how to bake a cake (of course if he can't do that), tell him that you are sure that he can do this!
Its not the same situation no but its making someone to do something they just don't want to or have not enough skills and strength to do more.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I had to highlight this, sorry but that actually make me laugh :lol

I tried to give up riding few times when I was just a learner, weather was always crap, riding on this learner ugly bike it was horrendous and embarrassing- girl thing I suppose. He maybe think that he know you and saw you before that you can also do this and maybe he feel that you are not giving 100% and all your heart into this. Maybe you should tell him that this is as much you can do and want to do, but when he push you to do more and you just don't feel like it just say ENOUGH, NO. As simple as that. Ask him if he wish to learn how to bake a cake (of course if he can't do that), tell him that you are sure that he can do this!
Its not the same situation no but its making someone to do something they just don't want to or have not enough skills and strength to do more.
I think you are right that he has a lot of confidence in me so he feels like I should progress faster, but this is also so new to me because I've never ridden dirt bikes or anything and I'm 31 years old! lol I've driven a manual transmission car for over 10 years and that helped some, but the whole trying to keep this, 2 wheel thing right side up all depending on your speed and all this other crap to factor, it has been tricky. I just can't wait to get my own bike so I can learn at my pace, ride at my pace (and alone) and bond with her. Riding/learning on someone else's bike you can't get the right feel because you don't wanna fuck it up. It messes with the mojo that you feel when riding your own bike. So... when I get mine (couple months-still saving money) I will be off on my own getting the feeling for it rather than him watching me breathing down my neck! :banghead

·
Registered
201 Posts
I think you are right that he has a lot of confidence in me so he feels like I should progress faster, but this is also so new to me because I've never ridden dirt bikes or anything and I'm 31 years old! lol I've driven a manual transmission car for over 10 years and that helped some, but the whole trying to keep this, 2 wheel thing right side up all depending on your speed and all this other crap to factor, it has been tricky. I just can't wait to get my own bike so I can learn at my pace, ride at my pace (and alone) and bond with her. Riding/learning on someone else's bike you can't get the right feel because you don't wanna fuck it up. It messes with the mojo that you feel when riding your own bike. So... when I get mine (couple months-still saving money) I will be off on my own getting the feeling for it rather than him watching me breathing down my neck! :banghead
Most of us had to go through similar situations to win, achieve what we want. If that was easy and simple it wouldn't be so damn awesome in the end. Everybody can ride a bicycle its so easy and simple= become so boring very quickly. All is in your hands and feet, bike will only do what you make him to do and go as fast you dictate. Its all up to you only. Learning new skill isn't that easy. You might think at times that maybe this all is not for you, many people are weak and have no rules or discipline to fight for what they want in life, they are failures! Giving up mean to me that I fail, that I wasn't strong enough or have balls ;) to finish what I started.NO! I push myself to do things and I love winning, I love showing that I can do better then some and that I CAN!
Getting your own bike is a very good step and that will totally relax you. Maybe you should consider of getting now something cheap for start to just learn to ride ? So you could have some piece and quiet.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Most of us had to go through similar situations to win, achieve what we want. If that was easy and simple it wouldn't be so damn awesome in the end. Everybody can ride a bicycle its so easy and simple= become so boring very quickly. All is in your hands and feet, bike will only do what you make him to do and go as fast you dictate. Its all up to you only. Learning new skill isn't that easy. You might think at times that maybe this all is not for you, many people are weak and have no rules or discipline to fight for what they want in life, they are failures! Giving up mean to me that I fail, that I wasn't strong enough or have balls ;) to finish what I started.NO! I push myself to do things and I love winning, I love showing that I can do better then some and that I CAN!
Getting your own bike is a very good step and that will totally relax you. Maybe you should consider of getting now something cheap for start to just learn to ride ? So you could have some piece and quiet.
I did think about that. But all the money I have saved will be going towards the bike that my heart wants. The rest of the money comes from my taxes so I should get that back in the next 6 weeks or so. I just don't have money to really throw around to get a dinky bike and then turn around and get a big girl bike. We had these little 250s in the class and I couldn't get the hang of them at all. Would that help or hurt getting one of those? lol Got on the 750 that same afternoon and road around the block, no drops, no falls. I think I tend to get more nervous when he's standing around afraid I'm going to mess something up. Just back up and give me space dammit! lol :chucks

·
Registered
201 Posts
I did think about that. But all the money I have saved will be going towards the bike that my heart wants. The rest of the money comes from my taxes so I should get that back in the next 6 weeks or so. I just don't have money to really throw around to get a dinky bike and then turn around and get a big girl bike. We had these little 250s in the class and I couldn't get the hang of them at all. Would that help or hurt getting one of those? lol Got on the 750 that same afternoon and road around the block, no drops, no falls. I think I tend to get more nervous when he's standing around afraid I'm going to mess something up. Just back up and give me space dammit! lol :chucks
I notice that smaller cc bikes are more difficult to handle they are less stable and not balanced properly in my opinion. Learning on a smaller/crapier bike will not make it easier for you but then when going on a proper bike will definitely change your life and if you manage to handle unstable bike then properly balanced, bigger bike will not be the problem for you. Its all about the size :biggrin If you think that its better to keep saving and getting the bike you want then do that.
Tell your boyfriend that you do appreciate his help and all but its just not working out for you when he is "judging" you and on your back all the time. Tell him that you feel restricted when he is around and you getting nervous, start making mistakes and that doesn't help you with learning but its discouraging you and that makes you feel upset.
Ask him to step back but make sure you will explain him how you exactly feel. Boys are so fragile sometimes and I know they try to help and know better about those things, they need to understand that it takes longer for us to learn. I believe he is not aware that he is not really helping you out.. let him know that but be nice. Its so easy to hurt them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I notice that smaller cc bikes are more difficult to handle they are less stable and not balanced properly in my opinion. Learning on a smaller/crapier bike will not make it easier for you but then when going on a proper bike will definitely change your life and if you manage to handle unstable bike then properly balanced, bigger bike will not be the problem for you. Its all about the size :biggrin If you think that its better to keep saving and getting the bike you want then do that.
Tell your boyfriend that you do appreciate his help and all but its just not working out for you when he is "judging" you and on your back all the time. Tell him that you feel restricted when he is around and you getting nervous, start making mistakes and that doesn't help you with learning but its discouraging you and that makes you feel upset.
Ask him to step back but make sure you will explain him how you exactly feel. Boys are so fragile sometimes and I know they try to help and know better about those things, they need to understand that it takes longer for us to learn. I believe he is not aware that he is not really helping you out.. let him know that but be nice. Its so easy to hurt them.
haha boys are fragile at times. You are so right about that! That is good advice though, thank you. I'm hoping to get some seat time when it gets a little warmer and the wind dies down. We've had some crazy weather lately. Florida isn't supposed to be 30 degrees! I'm freezing my ass off! :wtf

·
Registered
201 Posts
haha boys are fragile at times. You are so right about that! That is good advice though, thank you. I'm hoping to get some seat time when it gets a little warmer and the wind dies down. We've had some crazy weather lately. Florida isn't supposed to be 30 degrees! I'm freezing my ass off! :wtf
30 degrees! Its 8 where I am and no I'm not sitting in the fridge. You people complaining about weather in hot countries should be shoot on spot :lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
30 degrees! Its 8 where I am and no I'm not sitting in the fridge. You people complaining about weather in hot countries should be shoot on spot :lol
Geez, well what country are you in? Is it cold there most of the year?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Geez, well what country are you in? Is it cold there most of the year?
I'm about 4k miles from Florida and I'm living in the future because its just after 21:00 so soon will be my bed time :) Yes its cold most of the time. In summer we have about 20 degrees in July, absolutely scorching hahaha

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I'm about 4k miles from Florida and I'm living in the future because its just after 21:00 so soon will be my bed time :) Yes its cold most of the time. In summer we have about 20 degrees in July, absolutely scorching hahaha
Wow! omg!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Well was nice to chat for a while. Now its my bed time, getting up for work 6:45..6:47..6:52 etc not later then 7:15am I really need to be on my way to work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi ladies! I'm new here. I live in New England so need to be ready for all sorts of weather. I have 3 riding jackets depending on the weather. I have a Joe Rocket Cloe (first version) that has all padding and removable liner. For the colder days I have a leather Motophoria GP with complete pads also. For the days I don't give a crap I wear a Carhart jacket for comfort.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts