Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought a set - the front looks new therefore not in the pictures.

This is a SC2 supercorsa Pro 190/55 takeoff, manufacture date is 4704 so it is a newer tire. and I'm wondering what causes this:
Wondering if this is caused from bad suspension settings in the back, long sweeping turns, bumpy track, not sure, never seen a wear patter like this before. therefore I ask.
Also, is it still good or is the tire shot. The edges still look new and don't even look like it went through any/much heat cycles (NO BLUEING).

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
that is cool!!! Looks like cold tearing and I won't say I know why!!!

They are comming of the water cuts(whatever the hell they are called!!)
You might try the racer forum for an answer

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Looks like too much rebound on the shock, could also be cold tear. Still looks good tread wise, the blue is normal
+1

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
its nto gonna tear on the edge cause your not accelerating on the edge, your accelerating as your standing the tire up..I remeber the first round at VIR last year, every ones tires looked like that due to the cold weather (good ole cold tire tearing there)
ive seen it do that from the shock high speed rebound being way off..also stock suspension can do that

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
its nto gonna tear on the edge cause your not accelerating on the edge, your accelerating as your standing the tire up..I remeber the first round at VIR last year, every ones tires looked like that due to the cold weather (good ole cold tire tearing there)
ive seen it do that from the shock high speed rebound being way off..also stock suspension can do that
Uh, you better not be waiting to accelerate until the bike is standing upright. That is a classic example of cold tear. Also, gator strips will do that. You can certainly chase some suspension settings, but rebound would have to be so damn far off to get that result - is your shock stock??

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

go read his post again jackass........these are some take offs that he bought, HE has not put any miles on these tires.......geeeeessshhhhhhh JACKASS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah what he said

Got intouch with the guy that used the tire and he told me that he did 40 laps during a practice, learning a new track he just went to (Autobahn) and he stated that the track was very bumpy and what might be diagnosed as cold tear is actually too slow on his dampening setup.
He said the rear was skipping across the top of the high speed bumps. He took out hi and low speed compression and rebound, then added some preload, which helped with the skipping.

Thought I would put down what he told me what actually happened out there.

Thanks for all your input guys I appreciate it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.