Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
i heard they do 500mph..550 possible on half-tank of gas..

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Well, figure Honda's Formula Xtreme 600 is pretty much the cat's meow of the class and they are putting out probably low 130's as far as horsepower is concerned, which is about the neighborhood of a lightly tuned 750. So I would imagine they could manage an honest 170-175mph at full tilt.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
SPL170db said:
Well, figure Honda's Formula Xtreme 600 is pretty much the cat's meow of the class and they are putting out probably low 130's as far as horsepower is concerned, which is about the neighborhood of a lightly tuned 750. So I would imagine they could manage an honest 170-175mph at full tilt.

the top pic makes a damn good desktop background:cheers

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
GraVitY0 said:
What are the two jugs for in the bottom picture? It looks to have brown liquid in them. Odd.

Grav.
I believe they are coolant overflow catch bottles, why they are that color I do not know..........

Perhaps this may shed some light:

"It's a bit of a mess up here. Notice the carbon fiber ram-air ducts and the deflectors that guide cooling air into the radiator. A Showa damper calms down steering while a radial Brembo pump supplies braking line pressure. Funny to see in a works bike, plastic overflow bottles that seem like they've been bought at the nearest drugstore. Even funnier is the little paper tag attached to the bottle. Any Japanese readers out there?"

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
The last figure on the Honda that I saw was 140+, and when under American Honda Ludington said he expected it to eventually reach 150....

·
Highly unstable
32,025 Posts
spl, i believe those bikes are making a bit more than low 130's.. i thought i remembered reading that they were close to 150rwhp. i know thats a lot for a 600, but they dont build them to last, they build them to perform.. but i could be wrong.. if they are making in the neighborhood of 150rwhp, then you can expect them to be capable of 180+ depending on gearing.

·
Banned
12,040 Posts
There was a dude back in OLD formula extreme when it was pretty unlimited was trying to hit 200 on track... I think he got it, but I am not certain...

He had a Hayabusa that was all worked... Special bodywork etc...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.