Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a k2 and have been offered k7 forks and brakes . What wheels discs and yokes are needed?

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,632 Posts
The K7 forks have a larger 56 mm lower diameter, so you'll need the K7 triple clamp. The K7 disc bolt circle is 120 mm vs 91 on K2 so they won't interchange. The K2 disc diameter is 320 mm vs 310 on K7. You might be able to use the larger diameter but you'll probably need some caliper spacers and you may have to unbolt the discs to remove the calipers. You need to check if your axle needs to be replaced too. The K7 triple has a smaller offset and different rake so there might be some stability issues. I think that the K7 triple has the ignition switch in a different location and that effects the bike's steering lock feature. There's probably several other issues that aren't coming to mind right now.

Compare things in the parts fiches. There's also an interchangeable parts table in #69 here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That’s great info . Table of compatible parts is useful.. thanks
Do you know if the k7 triples will work in the K2 headstock?
or if the k2 stem can be fitted into the k7 triples?
Questions, questions, questions!

·
Premium Member
3,489 Posts
K7-K8 triples are a straight swap. If you want to use stock ignition you have to modify it and you'll lose steering lock. You will also need a K5-K8 1000 front axle + spacer. You can use current wheel/discs but you need caliper spacers. I have K7 1000 front end on my K1 750 https://www.gixxer.com/threads/k1-750-street-bike-project.812954/

It might be possible to machine K2 lower triple 54mm->56mm. It gets weaker but no idea if that actually matters.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that.
My work here is done. All my questions have been comprehensively answered.
Thanks to all

1 - 6 of 6 Posts