Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
Though I have only had it for 2 months I am thinking about selling to get back into 125CC shifter-kart racing... A kart is going to cost me around $6000 + upkeep so selling the bike would be wise if I do decide to buy it... What would be a reasonable number for my 05 600 with 2500 miles and about $1000 in aftermarket?? It has never been down, no scratches or any marks on it...
Just trying to get an idea...
THANKS!!

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
haha sounds like you should do a track day b4 you make your decision. I don' t check kbb. Assuming 8k purchased 6500-7000? that's just a quick GUESS

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not kidding??
I used to race about 4 years ago (Non-shifter) . A couple of weeks ago I went to a shifter race and it really made me want to get into it again!! So no, this was not a thought at all in my head when I bought the bike. Could I afford both, yes, but I don't need 2 $8K "toys" (yes I know the bike isn't a toy, but its not my only mode of transportation). Like I said I am just curious. I will not sell the bike for a huge hit...

Thanks Gimpsta. I am not interested in tracking the bike, though I know it would be alot of fun I just have a spot in my heart for kart racing (somthing about doing 100+ MPH in a little go-kart pulling more G's than a bike or car ever could that is just awesome
)

·
Registered
538 Posts
the accessories aren't worth anything to a smart buyer.. it increases the selling point, not the value.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
wanna trade cans b4 you sell it? i got a stainless RS3 and i want the CF..

but if i were you i would keep the bike man...its a really nice looking bike especially with the mods you put on

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea I figured they aren't worth much if anything... Would prob. sell the can and seatas I can get money for them, but not worth it to deal with the other little things...
Like I said I am just trying to get an idea what it would be worth if I did decide to sell, I love it too, but unfortunatly I am not in a financial position to have multiple toys right now

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Maybe 7k tops, probably a little less. Where I live you have to pay sales tax on a USED vehicle also, so it has to be worth it to buy used.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Some people were not born to be bikers.
What the hell does that have to do with anything

I love the bike and would get another for sure when finances allow (If I even sell it), but its not my top priority (sorry if that doesn't make me a "biker boy"
)

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
yes the bike is a toy
and while i doubt most of us here have done any of the racing your talking about, when you mention the fun of cart racing, now think of a sport bike.

Your totaly out in the open, nothing is holding you on the vehicle, your body is literally dragging on the road, and in ALOT of places you can be doing over 100mph. You may not feel the "G's" really because you on the inside of bike allowing it to take the "G's" from your body. on a cart your sitting up right and really having to fight it. Is one better than the other??? It doesn't matter its all in the person. I admire you for going after what YOU want and not just being a poser, so more power to ya. You will have to take a loss more than likely on the bike
. I'd buy it from ya if I hadn't decided on a 750 when I started looking for a new ride. A 600 is plenty of fun. Plus you get to make people on bigger bike feel stupid and swear you've made a sleeper and won't admit to it.
.. point being i hope it works out for ya.

gimp

·
Registered
815 Posts
yes the bike is a toy
and while i doubt most of us here have done any of the racing your talking about, when you mention the fun of cart racing, now think of a sport bike.

Your totaly out in the open, nothing is holding you on the vehicle, your body is literally dragging on the road, and in ALOT of places you can be doing over 100mph. You may not feel the "G's" really because you on the inside of bike allowing it to take the "G's" from your body. on a cart your sitting up right and really having to fight it. Is one better than the other??? It doesn't matter its all in the person. I admire you for going after what YOU want and not just being a poser, so more power to ya. You will have to take a loss more than likely on the bike
. I'd buy it from ya if I hadn't decided on a 750 when I started looking for a new ride. A 600 is plenty of fun. Plus you get to make people on bigger bike feel stupid and swear you've made a sleeper and won't admit to it.
.. point being i hope it works out for ya.

gimp
Gimp - good point. AMG, if you do sell, make sure you PM me and sell me some of your aftermarket parts!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts