Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is A, B, C mode and what years of bike have it? I dont see anything on my k6 that says anything about changing modes so I am guessing it is an 07 and newer thing.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
A mode = is basically the bike the way it was meant to be. B mode = same power just a little less aggressive throttle response. C mode = neutered

·
Registered
225 Posts
What is A, B, C mode and what years of bike have it? I dont see anything on my k6 that says anything about changing modes so I am guessing it is an 07 and newer thing.
I'll tell you what it is, it's an absolute waste of time. Just an excess weight for that switch that nobody in their right mind ever uses. Bloody gimmick. Hope to see it disappear on the new bike when that eventually comes out in the year 2348.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I'll tell you what it is, it's an absolute waste of time. Just an excess weight for that switch that nobody in their right mind ever uses. Bloody gimmick. Hope to see it disappear on the new bike when that eventually comes out in the year 2348.
I use mine sometimes, especially on longer trip and when I'm carving the back roads. I use the "B" to cut down on the throttle response to keep the front wheel on the ground.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Depends on weather you got a 600/750 or 1000cc

Because 600/750 it reduces power in B & C modes

On 1000 it boosts high revs on A on the mapping, on B it boosts mid range for lower torque and C gives it a smooth map all the way through

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
9,438 Posts
Read the owner's manual. AFAIK you just keep pushing the mode switch and it will cycle through the modes.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Read the owner's manual. AFAIK you just keep pushing the mode switch and it will cycle through the modes.
I thought to get it in to C Mode, one sells his bike, rips up his license and goes off to buy a Moped 😆

1 - 14 of 14 Posts