Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHAT IF U DONT RIDE BIKE FOR A WEEK??

1-
DOES CARBON PRODUCE INSIDE ENGINE??? ON VALVES???? INSIDE FUEL FILTER????OR SOMEWHERE ELSE?????

2-
DOES BIKE DECREASE PERFORMANCE IF YOU RIDE AFTER 4 TO 5 DAYS???

BECAUSE I HAVE NOTICED WHEN I RIDE BIKE AFTER WEEK BIKE ACCELERATION FEEL HEAVY.....SLUGGISH ACCERELATION....

BUT AFTER RIDING AN HOUR BIKE GET BACK TO TO ITS REAL PERFORMANCE.......

·
Registered
Accurate Butt Dyno
281 Posts
Based on country of origin I’m going to venture to say English is not his first Language, imagine formulating a post in a language foreign to the one you use, I’m sure it would be worded oddly and come across as such. I commend the OP for trying to seek out info.

·
That’s Mister Moderator Chalet To You ....
7,856 Posts
It's all in your head.

There are consequences to not riding a bike or improper storage..... but after months / years - definitely not after a few days.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Military deploys for at least 6 months at a time. Their motorcycles are fine after...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Not the powers that be, not even close.
23,130 Posts
Fuel stabilizer and a battery tender are all you will need.
You did not complete the CAPTCHA verification properly. Please try again.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Fuel stabilizer and a battery tender are all you will need.
You've got that right. I'm one of the chickens who wont ride during the winter. My bike (GSX-R1000A L8) went up on the stands and was properly prepared last May for winter storage - cleaned and shining like the devils smile - fuel stabilizer added and tank topped up - chain lubed and properly adjusted - tyre pressures set and checked every now and then - and a battery tender used a couple of times just to top up (which took no more than 5 minutes each time)... Got on and rode it just after new years day this year. I was going to ride it a bit earlier but was a little ill across Xmas/New Year. Anyway, it started like a gem and never missed a beat for the whole ride..

humi, if there really is something slightly amiss with your bike, I am sure the chances of not riding it for a few days is not what's causing that.. Exactly what bike is it and what condition is it in etc etc..??
Al

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You've got that right. I'm one of the chickens who wont ride during the winter. My bike (GSX-R1000A L8) went up on the stands and was properly prepared last May for winter storage - cleaned and shining like the devils smile - fuel stabilizer added and tank topped up - chain lubed and properly adjusted - tyre pressures set and checked every now and then - and a battery tender used a couple of times just to top up (which took no more than 5 minutes each time)... Got on and rode it just after new years day this year. I was going to ride it a bit earlier but was a little ill across Xmas/New Year. Anyway, it started like a gem and never missed a beat for the whole ride..

humi, if there really is something slightly amiss with your bike, I am sure the chances of not riding it for a few days is not what's causing that.. Exactly what bike is it and what condition is it in etc etc..??
Al
IF I HOLD ACCELERATOR AT THE SAME PLACE NEAR 4000 RPM...RPM GOES UPS N DOWN SLIGHTLY....DOES NOT REMAIN CONSTANT SLIGHTLY MOVE UP N DOWN ITSELF WHILE WHILE I WAS HOLDING ACCELERATOR ALREADY NEAR 4000.RPM.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sorry for a long wait - couldn't remember where this post was,,
Is that straight after you started it from cold.. Mine, when started from cold, goes sort of rumm,, rumm,, rumm,, rumm rather than running dead smooth, at least for a while during warmup. This is normal. It's done this from day one - new, with standard muffler or the Yoshi R11SQ muffler.. It actually sounds real nice...
Al

·
Administrator
13,657 Posts
WHAT IF U DONT RIDE BIKE FOR A WEEK??

1-
DOES CARBON PRODUCE INSIDE ENGINE??? ON VALVES???? INSIDE FUEL FILTER????OR SOMEWHERE ELSE?????

2-
DOES BIKE DECREASE PERFORMANCE IF YOU RIDE AFTER 4 TO 5 DAYS???

BECAUSE I HAVE NOTICED WHEN I RIDE BIKE AFTER WEEK BIKE ACCELERATION FEEL HEAVY.....SLUGGISH ACCERELATION....

BUT AFTER RIDING AN HOUR BIKE GET BACK TO TO ITS REAL PERFORMANCE.......
why are you yelling ...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts