Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing Road Atlanta this Saturday and It'll be my first track day with no friends or supporters, and I seem to be the only Git on this whole site who is riding that day. My question is this: Say I chuck it down the road and have to be taken away for x-ray's or observation or a rectal exam or something. What happens to my bike, my truck, my tools, my carefully arranged paddock comforts? Will NESBA do something? The Track? Kindness of Strangers? I live in Atlanta so I could possible arrange something but I've met guys who drive from several states away, by themselves, for track days. Any stories out there?

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Like roadracers, track day junkies are willing to help out a fellow rider...seen it happen more than once...

As for tossin it down the raod, a track day isn't a race, no trophies are given out for the fastest riders....ride at your Own comfortable pace, don't try and match the pace of a faster rider...work on thins that will make you faster, and safer..like Relaxing, being Smooth, and also just as important, Hold Your Line, be predictable, the fast riders will find a safe way around you, and they Appreciate a rider, no matter how fast, or slow he or she is, that holds their line...

As a side note..I never crashed at the track...as I don't ride at 10 / 10ths, slow down a tad, and have some Fun...that's whats it's all about anyways...

·
Banned
12,729 Posts
been there done that.

people will help you out - hammer from halfway across the US gave me a helping hand on my 2nd track day wreck.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Everyone will help at the track. When I did my first trackday 2 weekends ago...I noticed that most "accidents" werent even accidents they were simply beginners running off the track and into the grass, not even laying the bike down. Don't worry about crashing, if it happens it happens just ride at your safe speed on the racing lines and you'll be fine.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This will actually be my 7th track day guys, just my first with no supporters. I'm sure I would help another rider out, I'm just not sure how far people are willing to go. I think I've got somebody coming along to hang out tomorrow anyway. Sorry none of you'll be there, what's up with that?

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
This will actually be my 7th track day guys, just my first with no supporters. I'm sure I would help another rider out, I'm just not sure how far people are willing to go. I think I've got somebody coming along to hang out tomorrow anyway. Sorry none of you'll be there, what's up with that?
Well, I won't be there cuzz I'm in Cali for one thing.....

But, on the flip side, I'll be pickin up my bike on Sunday...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.