Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Hammer4, what bike are you riding or thinking about getting?

Where hte hell is gsxr-freak!

I'm really losing confidence in my bike or the D207 Zr's. I've never had so many handling problems so fast... it doesn't handle good at all. i'm guessin git's the suspension and the steering head bearings whichare loose.. this is causing me the worst problem..

WHenever i brake on the front the front forks compress(naturally) but i hear a noise, like somethings not tightened up.. does it sound like the steering head bearings?? while riding it doesn't feel sturdy like it used to. it feels like the rear is slipping soemtiems.. sometiemsi think it is...

HELP?

Thanks
REID

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Yea it sounds like head bearings..
They wear in and start to do that a bit..
You need to lift the front off the ground and make sure you have no damper on it.. You want to snug them untill you can feel a SMALL amount of drag. Then tighten everything up..

You might also want to look into new tires at teh 207s are not that great, and if you have miles on them..

John

·
Registered
295 Posts
yea the 207 zr's suck, this is my second set im on and my front is getting worn but not really bad, but it doesnt hold in turns even at 34rear, 32front, and they are warm if i stop. i actually just about lowsided the other day, i felt the front just let go, its was scary, it caught after i kind of let off the throttle and steered in(or out) a bit but by then my line was long gone and i actually went off and rode like 75 feet down this ditch and hit a pile of gravel and just fell over, i got lucky. but ordered a set of 208gp's race take offs and well see how they go for a while, im sure it will be nice for a little while but then they may dry out or something? i dunno.
i probably wont put them on for a month or so.

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
If you are running 207s and riding hard... run them at like 30/30... they will warm up a bit more and stick A LOT better then if they are at higher PSI..

John

·
The Shocker
5,211 Posts
its funny how 2-3 years ago.. 207ZR's were the hot-now street tires, and now they're "Not that Great". in 99' in the last of my canyon scratching days.. i always had those tires on my F3.. and they worked fine.. I was always in the top 3 guys to the lookout/newcombs etc.. in our group. I also did several trackdays on them at Willow Springs. 207ZR's are good tires.. I don't know what everyone is complaining about. Yes, there's better tires now.. but the 207's never caused any handling problems for me.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Thanks john i think i will try that, i guess i jsut had a notion in my head to not go much lower in pressures on the street but who gives a muff!!

coyn586,
your right they actually have served me well hard riding and not, i guess im just mad cause it seemed to cause problems recently, and it is a colder climate up here in Northern AZ and the tires dont get as warm nor does the pavement.

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Originally posted by coyn586:
its funny how 2-3 years ago.. 207ZR's were the hot-now street tires, and now they're "Not that Great". in 99' in the last of my canyon scratching days.. i always had those tires on my F3.. and they worked fine.. I was always in the top 3 guys to the lookout/newcombs etc.. in our group. I also did several trackdays on them at Willow Springs. 207ZR's are good tires.. I don't know what everyone is complaining about. Yes, there's better tires now.. but the 207's never caused any handling problems for me.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I agree.. they work great if you are smooth.. If you are not smooth then you are goign to have problems with them... Unless you drop air... Most people that ride them set them at like 36 cause the book says to. lol

John

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Originally posted by Hammer 4:
As for me..don't have a bike yet, and prolly won't be able to get until spring...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">they'll be out in april or may......i heard somewhere.....

esemes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts