Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a pair of Buse Kevlar gloves that were a discontinued item. They retailed for $189 but I paid 99 OTD. Any info on crash testing of opinions on how the felt after extended use. Also what gloves do you use with your rocket?

The gloves I have seemed to be better then anything i saw at a couple of places. Full grain leather everywhere,(not kangaroo palm like Dainese) with the same kevlar protected areas as Dainese and AGV. It just seemed like to good of a deal to pass up.

What do you all think? Did I pull a squid move again. Or was this a sound decision on my part? I don't really care about the cost when it comes to my safety and surviving a crash.

What do you use? Why? How much $$$$? where did you get them?

Thanks

·
Registered
276 Posts
I Have the joe rocket Speedmaster gloves. Yet i have not got to use them much yet i do wear them some to see how they feel, and they fell great.

They cost $125 and i got them through my dealer but u can find em on the internet probably a lil cheaper
I would post pics of them but i dont know how if you could tell me i will

·
Registered
351 Posts
ok this wont be a popular respons but i have worn the thicker kelvar racing gloves and i dont like them its hard for me to feel my controls through them, so i wear moto cross gloves they are like thinner material with padding in the palm and fingers but deffinatly not enough to save your fingers from a little roadrash if you crash, my oprinion is i have more of a risk of crashing from the bigger thicker gloves from not being able to correct something fastenough than fron the thinner skin like gloves i wear now

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I duno? They sound good to me.

I wear Alpinestars GP Plus gloves and I love'm. I paid $161 from kneedraggers with free shipping.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Newenough.com has great deals on gloves all the time,I just ordered up the Teknic Violator Pros 2002 model,I already have last years version and they are great!$69 bucks

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
I use the Joe Rocket Speedways. Which cost about 80 bucks.

I tried on many pairs and found these to be the most comfortable by far and they held up great in crashes which I have personal experience from.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I use Teknic Chicane w/studs and Violator Pros. Both are of excellent quality, fit and finish! The Chicanes I've experienced a lo-side and slid with them a bit palm down and afterwards looked as if nothing ever happened except for a couple studs scraped. Haven't broken in the Violators yet but are very comfortable and the armor system is top notch!

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
I wear the speedmasters by joe rocket as well. They are very comfortable and in no way hinder my ability to control the bike. Many top level gloves are a bit stiff when new, but after breaking in they mold to your hand and get to be much more flexible

Originally posted by gixxerstanger:
I have icon timax also, they're great! Not too good for keeping the hands warm due to good ventilation though.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Sorry hun, you don't have the timax gloves, but they are made by icon

-Spooner

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Originally posted by Antagonist 5000:
icon timax, they also look badass
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i just ordered those gloves tonight!

with all that metal, no amount of asphalt will get through to my hands!

·
Registered
35 Posts
When I wrecked my FZR600 I was wearing a pair of AGV carbon Kevlar gloves (cheapest pair with hard armor in Dennis Kirk) a t-shirt, and a helmet. Those gloves saved me from what could have been much worse injuries. That was a couple of seasons ago, but I have now come to my senses and am looking at buying a 99 GSX-R600 which I will ride with LEATHERS! Debreeding (sp?) sucks!

·
Registered
687 Posts
RoadRash said:

ok this wont be a popular respons but i have worn the thicker kelvar racing gloves and i dont like them its hard for me to feel my controls through them, so i wear moto cross gloves they are like thinner material with padding in the palm and fingers but deffinatly not enough to save your fingers from a little roadrash if you crash, my oprinion is i have more of a risk of crashing from the bigger thicker gloves from not being able to correct something fastenough than fron the thinner skin like gloves i wear now
Same here
Also, i have poor man's gloves.....icon tarmac

1 - 20 of 20 Posts