Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what gearing works best for a 90 gsxr750.I ride mostly canyons but they very greatly from the high speed balls to the wall sweeepers to really tight technical stuff

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
I'd go with +3 on the rear. I've got that on my 1100 (93), but due to the 5 speed will change to +2 next time around. With your top gear final ratio, shouldn't be any problem.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'm happy with three up on the rear and one down up front- cut the hell outa my top end but I'd rather have bottom end anyway.

Rear is now 45 (stock is 42) front is 13 (stock is 14.)

[ 07-25-2001: Message edited by: Talisian ]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have no idea what stock gearing is for the bike so I don't know what plus three would be.Could you give me numbers ie 17/41 or something like that.Thanks

·
Registered
243 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Talisian:
I think the stock on the 1990 750 was 15/43 but I'd want to confirm that with someone.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spot on Talisan. 15/43 is correct.

I'm going up 2 on the back on my '90 1100. The slightly larger rear sprocket shortens the wheelbase a little. This and the willingness to rev quicker will make it wheelie easier

[ 07-26-2001: Message edited by: EarL ]

·
Registered
489 Posts
I was always told 1 in the front = about 4 in the back. I had a 90 with stage 1 jet kit , V&H pipe and one down in the front(14). I used to out run most of the 750's and could run with SOME of the bigger bikes at that time. It changed my rpm's about 500. I didn't really loose to much top end. the gearing made a big difference.
albert

·
Registered
223 Posts
I like the stock gearing myself.I use the bike once and a while for work so I like having the taller gears.Even with the 3 inch longer swingarm and a USD front end this still happens all the time!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts