Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

this is a extension of the problem i am having with my 5k :wtf :banghead

my secondary are not firing,what do trigger them and where do they ground to check it?

clutch checked continuous,its alive
has new ecu
has new wiring loom
has complete tb and injectors new
new fuel pump and flow tested
tps and stva calibrated
new plugs

what sensor interfer so the ecu decides to fire secondary?

its not one of the failing,the whole ramp is off,so something is telling ecu not tu run secondary what makes me belive,even in gear...runing a neutral map

this problem was away for more o less 1 or 2 months (i guess casualy went ok and then bang again)

symptoms
-8k sputters and farts, now power.
as soon i roll of a bit i gain a few revs,from wot to around 75%,
here is the video again,you can see at wot it stucks as soon i roll of it shoots up
-the blank going on the dash is fixed it was that the rapid module was not good calibrated

thanks for help

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Your upper injectors seem to be stuck and need cleaning probably. ECU has a map that splits the total amount of injected fuel depending on TPS and RPM,at WOT and 8.000 rpms upper injectors fire 80% of the total amount,that's why you can't go past 8000 rpm.

At 75 % TPS the percentage is lower so the engine can still rev although it's probably very lean,

Best way to verify your upper injectors are stuck is connect the lower injector plugs to the upper injectors,give the harness some slack and it's doable.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your upper injectors seem to be stuck and need cleaning probably. ECU has a map that splits the total amount of injected fuel depending on TPS and RPM,at WOT and 8.000 rpms upper injectors fire 80% of the total amount,that's why you can't go past 8000 rpm.

At 75 % TPS the percentage is lower so the engine can still rev although it's probably very lean,

Best way to verify your upper injectors are stuck is connect the lower injector plugs to the upper injectors,give the harness some slack and it's doable.
I have flashed the ecu so they open at 4k more ore less,injectors are new,i dont get any voltage on them will post video later,also did the test you say,they work fine

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,124 Posts
There was some previous discussion on this, as far as I recall, but have you verified that:

1. You have +12V on the Y/R wires going to each secondary injector, by probing the Y/R wire on each coupler against the negative battery pole with a DMM?
  2. You have continuity on your Lg, Lg/W, Lg/G, Lg/Bl wires, between the secondary injector and ECU couplers?
Also, how do you know they're not firing at all? What voltage are you expecting to see?

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There was some previous discussion on this, as far as I recall, but have you verified that:

1. You have +12V on the Y/R wires going to each secondary injector, by probing the Y/R wire on each coupler against the negative battery pole with a DMM?
  2. You have continuity on your Lg, Lg/W, Lg/G, Lg/Bl wires, between the secondary injector and ECU couplers?
Also, how do you know they're not firing at all? What voltage are you expecting to see?
I monitor them with with rapid bike master,0v will post wideo later

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,391 Posts
The injectors are pretty simple. They share power with the primary injectors and FP. During prime, it's pretty easy to check for 12V on the Y/R wire for each. Then check for continuity from the individual injector wires to the ECU. Since the injectors are ground triggered, you should have 12V on each of these wires (Lg, Lg/W, Lg/G, Lg/B) at the ECU plug during prime or run. When these injectors are supposed to fire, you would see this probe location drop to 0V or close to it if you had a scope capable of reading that fast.

So, if your injectors are getting power and have good connection to the ECU, the only thing left is the ECU hardware/firmware.

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,391 Posts
I'm pretty sure the secondaries don't do anything at prime. If you're positive they're not getting ground, either the conductor that connects it, or the ECU isn't functioning properly. What else could it be?

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I put the probe to them.and they to receive voltage... Can upload video later on,cables from inyetor to ecu are fine

·
Premium Member
3,489 Posts
Maybe your Rapid Bike is faulty and causes the problems. Have you tested those 3 ECUs on different bikes after you tried them with your bike?

I had pretty similar problem. I changed fuel pump, tried different bin files, had the injectors tested&cleaned and tested at other shop. Injectors tested ok, but actually one was faulty and didn't work properly when installed to the bike.

·
Premium Member
3,489 Posts
No,my friend has a k6 and we swapes...if i had another one...this one would be long gone

So did you or did you not try one of those 3 ECUs on his bike after it was installed to your bike and not working properly?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts