Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Re: what exactly is \"headshake\"?

Its when the chick finishes up and shakes the stuff around in her mouth.
Yeah that too.... but it can also be when the bars start to "oscillate"... Can happen in corners if you unload the front end too much (especially with no steering damper), or can even happen on straight aways with extreme speed (again generally with no steering damper)... I've also heard of it occuring with newb's that have a "death grip" on the bars... The whole bike is CONSTANTLY oscillating from side to side while your riding, it's how it "balances" itself... It's just so small that you can't even feel or tell it... if you death grip the bars, it can throw it off a bit and I guess cause some sort of resonance that makes it build until it's out of control... As you may suspect.... that's a bad thing...

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts

context?????????

im guessing your talkng about tank slappers, when the front wheel/bars wobble left to right rapidly. The old TL1000S was particularly talented at this. Steering dampers help.

·
Registered
399 Posts

Its when the chick finishes up and shakes the stuff around in her mouth.
Thats the name of it I was woundering what that was called..

·
Premium Member
2,555 Posts

Headshake can occur because of many factors. One being a more vertical rake angle on the front forks. The more rake angle (to a point) the better the stability of a motorcycle and the less tendancy the gyroscopic action of the tires will affect the steering.

Two, your tire pressure is too low and the tire developes a "square" shape to it where it rides 90% of the time (the center). Then the action of the tire wobbling is it going from a flat to round, flat to round, etc.

-J

·
Registered
399 Posts

In learning next I will take over the world

1 - 8 of 8 Posts