Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it looks like my 90 gsxr750 is toast.My counter shaft is wobbling and it sounds like its eating itself when in gear.
Anyways I need to know what year 750 engines will fit.I was also considering a 7/11 and I have heard a bandit 1200 engine will fit.I'm not sure of the years though.I want something that is just bolt up and not require a bunch of modifications.I dont care if I have to change the cdi/coils/wiring harness/etc just no frame mods or anything major.Thanks

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
It will accept ANY air/oil cooled motor without ANY frame modifications. If it is WATER COOLED it won't plug & play.

Those bikes are...

Gixxers 750/1100
Katunas 600/750/1100
Bandits 400/600/1200

You could take a 600 motor and use the good bottom end with your 750 top end and be flying.

Or just get a >1100cc motor and be zippy

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I bid alot on salvagedirect and they aution whole bikes. They have a 1990 750 coming up. You should check it out. Old Gixxers go cheap. Nice Bikes. Just see the upcoming auction list (motorcycles duh)Chainrash Click Here!!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That site is cool but it says you have to be a licensed dealer or dismantler.How do I go about getting the proper licensing?

·
Registered
553 Posts
I took a look at the salvage website, very cheap starting prices. I'm assuming the bidding heats up considerably at the end..??

Still, entirely the wrong coast for me..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts