Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

What does slabside mean?

19K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  r1dge 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me?

#4 ·
Ozkat, mellow dude. We get the same questions through here on a regular basis. Oftimes the poster will be referred to the search function, but just as often he'll get an answer. Most of us here like to talk about our bikes even over and over again! Troy341

#5 ·
I suppose ozcat was born with all his knowledge, never having to ask a question. Hmmm...

I remember back about 1986 I asked an animal trainer at Marine World if "camels really had water in their humps"? Now that is a stupid question, and comming from a junior at Berkeley even more impressive. Needless to say it started a trend, a hobby if you will. I have yet to slow down. Here's one for ya; why is the monkey trying to piss on the beach ball with a good idea?

Till the wheels fall off

#7 ·
Thanks for the replies fells. I figured it was something like that. Ozkat, you don't have to feel threatened here. It's OK that one night you had a dream that you were riding your motorcycle, and woke up stradling your grandmom's bunion. It didn't help that her bunion was a six-speed!

#14 ·
Well, that was that tool put properly in his place! :p

Hi there! Was just watching "The Motorbike Show" (UK) & the host was talking about slabbies. I had no idea either what the term meant so googled it &, happy accident, landed here.

After seeing the first odious response, I almost pissed straight off but decided to read on & realised that that sort of abuse could well be the exception rather than the norm. Might just hang around a bit now.

Cheers all, & thanks for the knowledge. ;)

#15 ·
I saw that edition of The Motorbike Show as well, what was he saying when he was referring to "Gixxers"? It sounded something like "Jeeezers", certainly not the way I would pronounce Gixxer (with the G sounding like a J)

I quite like Henry Cole, a bit of a knob sometimes (aren't we all?), but he's OK. Very lucky sod with all those bikes, odd choice in the bad ass American custom, pricey and not really that good (no offence US guys)

But he loved the Slabbie, so he does have some taste!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.