Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow old schoolers,
Man I did not get to ride one time last summer. that was real hell. I never got time to fix my beast. Well let me cut to the chase. I tried to jump my bike last year with a car battery. All I heard was a loud pop and the lights went out! the idiot that owned the bike beforeme had put in 25 amp fuses where 5 amps should be. I took a look at the reset and it was not even set off. what should i check next?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Is your problem that the lights don't work...or that your bike won't crank over or start...or both? If the fuses aren't blown then you should check the headlight relay next...

Charge up your battery or get a new one, then slowly trace the power path and find out where it stops.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No the entire electric system seems gone! I'm very new to any type of bike mechanical repairs. The bike is my project to get to know these things. So putting her in the shop is out of the question for my better half.

well I have traced the red wire to a large modual in front of the battery behind the tank with four wires coming off of it two large and two smaller wires. could this be it? what do you think?

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
There is a little black thing-a-ma-gig,with a red dot in the center under you battery,on that metal tray that holds the relays and..I call it a turkey popper,just press the little red thing in,that should be the problem..HOLLA BACK WITH RESULTS>>

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
I didn't read the part where you already checked it,I'll try again,Under the tank,check all the plug in connections,I fixed a bike that was jumped started,one of the plugs was melted,take ever one apart and check..Hope this helps this time..I'll get it sooner or later,I forgot a lot of stuff about these bike,I work on newer bikes now,,But still love them oil coolers,PS>I have a lot of parts for 88-92s let me know if You need Anything,,Iam practily giving stuff away!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts