Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is an idea i have for my 85 GS700. i've been working with it in PhotoShop.. its really a 1100 but will look like a 700 when i finish...

what do you all think???

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, but i thinking of doing it as a "Street" dragbike. you know? i thought of the streetfighter thing... its still up in the air...

·
Registered
176 Posts
You know, I'm in favor of mods that actually do something useful. I can't see stretching the swingarm on this. Really, from the sounds of your plan, it's not like you're going to get such radical accel' out of it that it needs the lengthened swingarm, and, with the stretched swingarm, it won't turn.

That is, unless you're just going for the drag-racer look. Then, by all means, prep it to go in a straight line. If you intend to ride it on the street, don't bother.

·
Banned
982 Posts
Looks good!!!Maybe I can help w/ a paint job!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by nfms106:
what do you all think???<hr></blockquote>

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Swing arm is way too long. It would be fine to drag, but on the street you'll never get around a corner.

·
Registered
893 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by nfms106:
no, but i thinking of doing it as a "Street" dragbike. you know? i thought of the streetfighter thing... its still up in the air...<hr></blockquote>
Hey Bro, I was J/K ya.
I like bikes that are "different" Giving it the drag bike look would be cool, just think about what the other guy's said about stretching it to far will really affect your cornering.
Good luck with your project, when you get it done post some pics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts