Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a black alpinestars TZ-1 and I've been accumulating bugs lately and didn't know what I should use to clean them off with. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
Wet rag or sponge should do it. You should also give it some leather grease (sattle grease) or mink oil for it to last longer. Don't waste money on spray conditioner - doesn't work as well.

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
Wet rag or sponge should do it. You should also give it some leather grease (sattle grease) or mink oil for it to last longer. Don't waste money on spray conditioner - doesn't work as well.
+1
Except it's called "saddle soap" here in the States.
( sometimes you have to translate things from EU on this site)

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
+1
Umm - sattle soap is for cleaning, right? The grease is for conserving...

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
+1
Umm - sattle soap is for cleaning, right? The grease is for conserving...
Saddle soap cleans and conditions keather and is all that I use on most of my leather goods (including my saddles
, holsters, dry weather leathers, etc.). I also use mink oil on anything which I expect to be exposed to large amounts of water ( my street & track wet weather suits, I have a saddle that I use for rainy conditions, work boots,hunting boots, etc.).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts